View Full Version : Directions for the Shin-Dig

Tattoo
02-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Some of us haven't been following all the threads......

Can someone post how to get to Sesame Street.....er, the VFW in Fairhaven?

fishsmith
02-13-2003, 07:44 AM
Got the ticket in the mail yesterday for the
"Too freikin' cold to fish fling"
:btu: I like the eel on the leash

Here's the directions I dug up in the thread:

VFW 508997-1707, 109 Middle St. Fairhaven MA

The Holiday Inn is right across the street, 508 997-1281
Hampton Inn is a couple of miles up the road 508 990-8500

For those travelling East on I-195(from RI) take the rt. 18 downtown New Bedford exit. Stay in the right lane, take the third right, FAIRHAVEN, bear left and you will soon cross the infamous New Bedford/Fairhaven bridge. Stay in the right lane, at the traffic light bear right. The VFW is right there on your left.

For those West bound(Cape) you will go over the Acushnet River and take the rt. 18 downtown NewBedford exit(2nd right after the river) Take your third right, Fairhaven, bear left, cross the New Bedford/Fairhaven bridge. Stay in the right lane, at the traffic light bear right. The VFW is right there on your left.

For folks like slip travelling from Middleboro you may want to come in by the "backroads". Take rt. 105 thru Lakeville, stay straight travelling through the waterworks and Quitticas, continue straight thru the 4 way intersection South bound into Acushnet. If you come in from North Ave., Rochester bear left at this intersection(you will have the stop sign). After about 5 mi. you will be in the center of Acushnet and a 4way stop sign. Bear left for about 2 mi., 'till you hit a traffic light. Continue straight until another light. Bear right here and get in the left lane and bear left at the next traffic light which is only a few yards ahead of the last light. The VFW is right on your left.

fishsmith
02-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Can someone who knows this route chime in on how these "yahoo maps" directions from Harrison Blvd on Rt24 in Avon, Ma are:

1. Start on HARRISON BLVD 0.1
2. Bear Rt to take the RT-24 SOUTH ramp towards FALL RIVER .04
3. Merge on RT-24 SOUTH 18.0
4. Take the RT-140 exit towards LAKEVILLE/NEW BEDFORD, exit #12 0.2
5. Bear Right on COUNTY ST 0.5
6. Continue on RT-140 SOUTH 17.6
7. Take the I-195 EAST exit towards CAPE COD, exit #2E 0.3
8. Merge on I-195 EAST 1.2
9. Take the RT-18 SOUTH exit towards DOWNTOWN, exit #15 0.2
10. Merge on RT-18 SOUTH 0.7
11. Take the US-6 exit towards FAIRHAVEN 0.3
12. Continue on US-6 EAST 0.9
13. Turn Right on MIDDLE ST 0.1
Distance: 40.5 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 0 mins

JohnR
02-13-2003, 09:18 AM
:D

http://www.striped-bass.com/images/fairhavenma.gif

and detailed:

http://www.striped-bass.com/images/fhvfwdetail.gif

bloocrab
02-13-2003, 09:31 AM
HEY!!!!!

...that star represents Norma Jeans!!! :eek: :eek:

...is that the "pit-stop"??..:laughs: :laughs:

chris L
02-13-2003, 09:34 AM
is it a strip joint ? I heard the vfw was a strip joint .

bloocrab
02-13-2003, 09:42 AM
a STRIP JOINT??....whats that??......

...no, it's a studio of professional dancers. Unfortunately, they're all struggling. The economy is so poor, they haven't much to wear..and are accepting tips for their talent. They also have beverages there which can be served at your own little table...while receiving a back-rub from the few who are majoring in physical therapy and would be willing to give you a sample for a SMALL fee. :)

....but its far from a striper joint, is that what you meant??...:happy:

chris L
02-15-2003, 11:19 AM
no no no I was thinking that maybe it was a very narrow building hence the strip joint .
I always am willing to help out young struggling therapists in need of money for clothing . I hope they have some where I can hang my money as I am able to give them the few dollars I have .