View Full Version : Game Talk!

BigFish
11-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Halftime.....we lead by 10.....comfortable? Not by a long shot! Peyton is a baaaaaaad man! I will not count him out even if we go up by 3 touchdowns! Too much respect for him and the Colts!

Raider Ronnie
11-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Very good 1st 1/2

luds
11-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Love watching Peyton directing the offence and calling audibles from behind center but I love watching the pats beating them even more. I agree though. Not a comfortable lead by any means.

BigFish
11-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Nobody scores faster than Peyton Manning! He is like a rattlesnake! Dr. Death!:wall:

Well I would rather lose the regular season game and beat them in the playoffs!

That was a bonehead coaching move going for it on 4th down with that field position!

flyvice11787
11-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Got to be one of the better comebacks in a while. Sorry for all you Pats fans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish
11-15-2009, 11:43 PM
We lost that game with the 2 possessions we lost in the Colts end zone...we needed one of those scores and I knew they would come back to bite is in the ass!!! Manning is a big game QB! He always scares me!

JohnR
11-15-2009, 11:45 PM
WTF?

flyvice11787
11-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I can't believe the Pats went for it fourth down instead of punting.

ecduzitgood
11-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Nobody scores faster than Peyton Manning! He is like a rattlesnake! Dr. Death!:wall:

Well I would rather lose the regular season game and beat them in the playoffs!

That was a bonehead coaching move going for it on 4th down with that field position!
Exactly right!
I can't believe they went for it:smash:. I'm totally shocked:yak5:

Mike P
11-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Nobody in all of sports loses with less class than Belichick--did you catch his act at the end of the game? Barely touched hands with the Colts' coach and blew off a couple of Colts players who tried to shake his hand.

You blew the game with a moronic call--man up and deal with it like a pro, instead of running off the field behind a flying wedge.

Hey, at least he waited until time ran out this time :doh:

Raider Ronnie
11-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Wow !!!
What a game !
You guys who have been knocking Manning for years need to man up and give him his due !!!

Goose
11-16-2009, 07:29 AM
:af:BB:af:

afterhours
11-16-2009, 07:37 AM
i now know i need glasses......4 th and 2 spot looked 1-1/2 yd shy. give the colts and peyton credit, maroney dancing again %^%%$, peyton would've scored from 99 yds.....our D was chopped liver...the patriots can hang with the best.....brady and moss played great games.

Mike P
11-16-2009, 11:54 AM
i now know i need glasses......4 th and 2 spot looked 1-1/2 yd shy. give the colts and peyton credit, maroney dancing again %^%%$, peyton would've scored from 99 yds.....our D was chopped liver...the patriots can hang with the best.....brady and moss played great games.

The rule is that if you're juggling the ball--which Faulk clearly was--you don't get forward progress at the point where you first touch the ball. The ball is spotted at the farthest spot where you finally establish possession--which was a yard short of the 30.

ProfessorM
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
still would have liked to have seen that on replay. The ref that made the call was looking at Faulks back and not the front of him, where the ball was. He juggled the throw but not as long as I think the ref thought he did. Possession was pretty darn close to the line IMO. I have a feeling it would have been pretty damn close but thats the way it goes. Gutsy call for sure he makes it the games over he doesn't he"s a bum. Last nite I was pissed but I am kind of thinking I liked the call now that I have had time to think about it. Only one game. Take it out on the JETS, JETS , JETS

Ron I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Peyton Manning as a player . If they did they need their head examined.

I have no problem with being pissed after you lose a game like that. He shook his hand and the is all he really should be doing. Those 2 teams hate each other . He did all I would have done but I am a real sore looser.

Mike P
11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Even if the Pats did have a timeout and could challenge it--they probably would have let the call on the field stand. In the final analysis, it doesn't matter whether he established possession a yard and a half, or an inch and a half, short of the 30. The replay showed a slight juggle and that took away forward progress ahead of the 30, and where he finally got control of the ball wouldn't have been conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field.

ProfessorM
11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Mike all good points but I feel he had it lock in pretty close to the 30 yd line, not the 31 where he first caught it and with the ref behind him at his back whether that was good enough I have no idea, but we will never know because they pissed away their time outs, so I guess we will agree to disagree and in the long run it doesn't matter the game is over. :)

Mike P
11-16-2009, 02:07 PM
On the bright side, it looks like you found a franchise left tackle in that German kid, Vollmer. He handled Freeney as well as any LT has ever done it. No sacks, no tackles at all.

When and if Light comes back healthy, the smart move would be to move him over to RT and bench Kaczur. Mathis ate him alive the way that every quick DE does.

ProfessorM
11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
you are right about that.

Raider Ronnie
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=ProfessorM;724340]still would have liked to have seen that on replay. The ref that made the call was looking at Faulks back and not the front of him, where the ball was. He juggled the throw but not as long as I think the ref thought he did. Possession was pretty darn close to the line IMO. I have a feeling it would have been pretty damn close but thats the way it goes. Gutsy call for sure he makes it the games over he doesn't he"s a bum. Last nite I was pissed but I am kind of thinking I liked the call now that I have had time to think about it. Only one game. Take it out on the JETS, JETS , JETS

Ron I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Peyton Manning as a player . If they did they need their head examined.

Paul,
Go back and look at the treads when the Pats had their way with Manning & Colts years back, EVERYONE here (other than you) called him a choke artist and said he couldn't win in the playoffs, in crunch time, when it mattered, ect................... (

BigFish
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Ummm....I never called him a choke artist? I think Manning is awesome!

Raider Ronnie
11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Ummm....I never called him a choke artist? I think Manning is awesome!

When I have time I'll did up the treads big guy !!!

BigFish
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Diggum up Ron! There ain't any! All you may find is "I think Brady is better than Manning" posts!

doc
11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
still would have liked to have seen that on replay. The ref that made the call was looking at Faulks back and not the front of him, where the ball was. He juggled the throw but not as long as I think the ref thought he did. Possession was pretty darn close to the line IMO. I have a feeling it would have been pretty damn close but thats the way it goes. Gutsy call for sure he makes it the games over he doesn't he"s a bum. Last nite I was pissed but I am kind of thinking I liked the call now that I have had time to think about it. Only one game. Take it out on the JETS, JETS , JETS

I have no problem with being pissed after you lose a game like that. He shook his hand and the is all he really should be doing. Those 2 teams hate each other . He did all I would have done but I am a real sore looser.

...agreed that ref called the bobbling looking at faulk's back...and it seemed like only one bobble then total possession which was rightat the first down marker...the ref on the far side of the field gave them 1st down...