View Full Version : What time is it now?

FishermanTim
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Not that I don't like seasonal music, but can we get the seasons right? Since when did Christmas begin after Halloween?

There are 2 radio stations that began playing Christmas music 24/7 this past week.
The Family Channel is advertising "the 25 days of Christmas" 2 weeks before Thanksgiving???? Is there some new math at work here? As far as I know there are more than 25 days between now and Christmas, and this just goes to show how the ads on tv are geared towards the "dumbing down" of America. I'll tell you one thing: You insult my intelligence and you've lost a customer for good.
That's why I channel surf. It's not a lack of concentration, but because I will not watch that products' ad. When my family comments on my "surfing" I let them know why.

Jimbo
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
After Halloween? We saw ads on TV before Halloween. In my town driving to drop my daughter off somewhere and when we take shortcuts we cut through different local neighborhoods, it was about 50-50 the number of houses that had Xmas lights lit as compared to lit Halloween decorations. There was a house that on Halloween had a blow up snowman and a spotlight on huge wrapped presents on their front lawn. It's astounding.

PRBuzz
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
There is only one season: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It is only the colors on the advertising that changes.