View Full Version : Not a PETA fan but is this right?

UserRemoved1
11-18-2009, 07:13 AM
wgaf

afterhours
11-18-2009, 07:51 AM
ridicurous....

PaulS
11-18-2009, 07:55 AM
What do you expect out of a country the either kills or lets other countries adopt many of their girl babies.

Backbeach Jake
11-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Guuuuuhhh-aaaack:yak6:

ecduzitgood
11-18-2009, 08:10 AM
What do you expect out of a country the either kills or lets other countries adopt many of their girl babies.
You hit the nail on the head....I bow before you.

cheferson
11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Whats the big deal? All of us drag fish out of the ocean with hooks imbedded in lips/mouth and throat. Then toss them on the sand and rocks to suffocate .
If you want to see something really disturbing look at how we raise chickens , pigs and cattle in factory farms her in the US. Food inc. is a great new documentary that talks about this and how %$%$%$%$ed up our food system here really is.

The Dad Fisherman
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Try Monkey Brains sometime.....Fresh from the cranium

Duke41
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
rent Food Inc. you will become a vegan

JohnnyD
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Whats the big deal? All of us drag fish out of the ocean with hooks imbedded in lips/mouth and throat. Then toss them on the sand and rocks to suffocate .
If you want to see something really disturbing look at how we raise chickens , pigs and cattle in factory farms her in the US. Food inc. is a great new documentary that talks about this and how %$%$%$%$ed up our food system here really is.

"Diet for a America" is a pretty good read on our screwed up domestic Factory Farm system - and half the reason I have trouble looking at pork products any more.

Saltheart
11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
In many places people eat live things. The idea I guess is the fresher the better. In some places they think Americans ruin their food by overcooking it.

It all depends on what the culture is where you grew up. My grandmother who was from the Island of Madeira used to eat the eyeballs from a cod fish (cooked). She also would eat snales we brought home from the shore. Both used to gross me out to no end when I was like 6 years old. Now I never got into eating fish eyeballs but I do love to eat escargo now.

An old latin saying is...Matters of taste cannot be disputed.

That's why they make chocolate , vanilla and strawberry ice cream and cod eyes and snails and half cooked fish!! :)

maddog2020
11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Before you start on China for giving up girls to be adopted, you need to understand a few things: the boys are responsible for taking care of the elderly parents. So if you have a daughter and she gets married off, her husband's family has no obligation to take care of you when you are elderly and are unable to fend for yourself. This is much more than carrying on the family name. It is about survival. They don’t have Social Security benefits in China you know .... LOL.
Stories of girls left out in the field to die in the country are sadly true. The more fortunate babies were left at orphanages or other places where they were safe until they were found. My daughter was left at an old men's housing facility which was next door to the orphanage in Yangchun City. My wife and I are grateful we were allowed to adopt from China because we couldn't have children of our own even after many failed attempts of IVF. I got kind of tired of people telling me "how noble it was of me to adopt from China" - I informed them of the circumstances and educated them. People take it for granted they can easily have children - this is not true!

The video is pretty gross. Asians view everything as food and are amused by things like that. My father use to tell me stories of famine when he was a boy in China and how he had heard cases of human cannibalism. Dad's family was so poor they couldn’t afford rice so they ate yams - needless to say he got sick of eating them. My Mom use to buy yams when she came to the states and had to hide them. My father would go nuts when he found them in the house and immediately threw them in the trash! In the past 25 yrs or so, my father eats yams/sweet potatoes now. The elderly men were known to take food off of people’s plates – something my mother wasn’t too fond of when she was a girl, but she had to tolerate.

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Talk about a crappy way to go.

Swimmer
12-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Why do you think fish wholesalers in New Bedford and elsewhere pay a premium for live tog and seabass? I've seen the asian people come into Burgo's and buy the live fish as soon as we unloaded them. Served still breathing, but evercerated, on the plate.

Slingah
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
It's a fish...it's getting eaten anyway. That's what we do...eat stuff. I prefer mine freshly dead but who cares if they want to eat it alive...I don't think I could eat a monkey though....too close to a human for me.