View Full Version : attorneys scum

Goose
11-20-2009, 11:33 AM
It seems to me that lawyers are in cahoots with each other to drag out cases to suck the money and life out of their clients. I hope they burn in %#%& helll!!!!

this excludes Mike P. :)

PRBuzz
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Reads like you have had a recent interaction with lawyers which caused an eye opening?

The Dad Fisherman
11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I've dealt with lawyers twice in my life...both times they verified they are Vermin

fishbones
11-20-2009, 02:03 PM
My attorney is a great guy. I've known him my entire life. He's never overcharged me for anything. In fact, he never charges me a dime for legal advice or counsel. I also fish with him quite a bit and he's a pretty darn good fisherman and boater, too.

Karl F
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
like any other trade or profession, you get the scum, the mediocre, the sleazy, and the damn good ones...

a fewof you know the "tip of the iceberg" only, as to what I have been thru the past 2-3 years, and I will say this ... Thank Goodness for the Good Lawyer....

of all the money I spent on my... issue, the Laywer money was the most helpful.... and he must have felt sorry for me, as the past years work, he refused to bill me ...and I know for a fact he shaved the prior years bill way below what it should have been.... the light at the end of my tunnel, was held by his office, I know that for sure... the so called "help" I got from the Town, and local law enforcement, was inept and laughable at best///they were intimidated and bullied, and folded like a walmart tent in a breeze..

the other side of the coin is.... I know two other lawyers... who BTW I would never use....who are slipperier than an oil worker next to a gusher... anyone who shakes either one of those guys hands, will come back missing fingers, I can gaurantee...

but...they do not represent the whole profession....

Goose
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
I honestly beleive they are in cohoots, asking of things they know they cannot get. time is money. Why in the F^%$# do they have to raise their right hands and say I swear to tell the truth. When they're next sentence is a flat out lie. Those F&^%$'in reptiles are so used to it that they have buried they're conscience at the college they went to.

stcroixman
11-20-2009, 07:14 PM
they are expensive, nodoubt about it. Th egame they play is ping pong.They send letters and make phone calls a little at a time. They do drag it out.

And they always get paid, something I can't say about my profession.

Goose
11-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Reads like you have had a recent interaction with lawyers which caused an eye opening?

No chit Sherlock.

JohnR
11-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, I have seen some of the fine ones and it was almost like they worked the deal that I'll trade you this one for that one.

All lawyers ain't bad but some downright are going to get the down elevator when their number is up

(and yes, Mike P is not on that list :rotf2: )

Goose - whatever the problem is - hope it works out for you - you are certainly one of the good guys.

Joe
11-21-2009, 10:58 AM
The best and the brightest tend to gravitate to law and medicine. Selling tackle, not so much.

Swimmer
11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I use to work with a guy until they fired him, for lying, that said on more than one occasion that, "no attorney is worth his salt unless he will lie for you".

He was a Sgt. when he got his kiss goodbye. During his hearing when he was fired he was branded a serial prevaricator. But guess what he did after he was fired. He went to New England School of Law, passed all his courses, (I'm not sure how unless a surrogate took his exams), then took his bar exam, passed it after the fifth or sixth time. He has not been allowed to get his license and number yet, because so many people, judges and the like, wrote letters to the bar, in favor of my former co-worker not getting his license. So for all the lawyers around that may be unscrupulous, there are many who stand up and do the right thing.