View Full Version : DC Hotels & tips

Slingah
11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm planning on going to DC for a few days next month and was wondering if anyone here has any hotel recommendations. I will be driving and parking car while there then mostly walking.
Museums are on the agenda, as well as a little sight-seeing. Tips, restaurants etc. will be appreciated.
Thanks.....

JohnnyD
11-28-2009, 12:27 PM
We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 14th street earlier this year. Seemed to be one of the cheapest and the Metro is directly across the street. They valet park your car in an underground garage directly next to the hotel - security-door enclosed. The valet rate was pretty reasonable (cheaper than some pay-to-park lots).

Overall, the hotel is ok. The pool/hot tub is a joke. If you just need a place to rest your head, I would recommend looking into this place.

JohnR
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
My only recommendation is to find something with a good rating / review. I went cheap a couple years back and wound up at a Ramada Inn down near the NSA that was mostly occupied by seedy families. Far more seedy than I expected with what seemed to be frequent transactions of sorts going on.

This was 20 miles outside of DC proper...