View Full Version : Shopsmith

nightfighter
11-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Going to pull the Shopsmith out of the corner of the shop tomorrow and tune it up... with thoughts of putting it up on the classifieds here. Also a jointer attachment that I've never had on it. For those that don't know, it is a multiple tool unit that is a lathe, drillpress, tablesaw, horizontal borer, and a disk sander, all in one. (plus the jointer) I already have all those tools, except the lathe, so I plan on selling it and getting a Jet. If anyone has interest, let me know. I will post pics when it has been gone over.

saltyric
11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Selling the Shopsmith????? BLASPHEMY!

nightfighter
11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Selling the Shopsmith????? BLASPHEMY!

Why, do you need a third one?

Actually, this would be excellent for someone getting into plugbuilding that doesn't have the other tools. It's not the best tablesaw, but a lot better than not having one at all. And it only takes up a 2'X5' area in the garage or shop. Makes through drilling pretty easy. Halfway through cleaning it up. Going to list it this week with the four or five turning chisels, extra tablesaw blades, power coupler, 10" disk sanding plate, and the jointer that I never used... $450.00