View Full Version : Patriots vs Saints MNF

afterhours
11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Huge game tonight, look for some new wrinkles from the patriots offense. Saints have a very balanced offense- wonder which we'll try to take away? this game will seperate pretender from contender... someone will win by 10....:pats2:

FishnGrega
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
No score predictions we all remember what happened when we did that when we faced the Colts :smash:

Raven
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
predictions are leaning towards the Pats is all i'll say :drool:

FishnGrega
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
did you knock on wood?!?

no predictions but its going to be a fast intense, and LOTS of offense.

If Vollmer is out at left tackle we will be screwed! If Light isn't good to go

Karl F
11-30-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.mrsjonesroom.com/pix/zsong/ani-zip.gif

ProfessorM
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
sucks I will have to listen on the radio. Luv baseball on the radio but hate football. I say Pats by 10

Raven
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
sucks I will have to listen on the radio. Luv baseball on the radio but hate football. I say Pats by 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm going to record it....because it's on so darn late

wifey leaves at 5:15 am just to get a parking space :doh:

MarshCappa
11-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Gino & Gill call a great game though! I actually don't mind listening to the game on the radio at all. I've done it a bunch of times coming home from skiing.

FishnGrega
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Gino & Gill call a great game though! I actually don't mind listening to the game on the radio at all. I've done it a bunch of times coming home from skiing.

yes they do! though the MNF crew is probably the best that its been in years! I couldn't stand Tony Kornhisher and his crappy sense of humor. Chucky and Jaws know their football and regurgitate it back to us its awesome to watch games they commentate on!

luds
11-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Not making predictions but looking forward to watching this game big time. Great matchup and I love the current Monday Night Football broadcast team. Going to enjoy this one no matter what happens.

basswipe
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
This one scares me but I still say Pats.

MarshCappa
11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Here we go boys! This one is going to a track meet! Last one with the ball wins is my guess.

Raider Ronnie
11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
OOPS !!!
Didn't see this tread !

JohnR
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Tough 30 minutes. Pats looking tired, Saints marching well.

BigFish
11-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Gonna have to throw long and play the Saints game if they are going to win! Plus the "D" is gonna have to show up at some point!:wall:

BigFish
11-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Pats are over Brees knees and he is a spankin' em!:wall:

Slipknot
11-30-2009, 11:19 PM
interception again :smash::fury:
I just threw up in my mouth

sad to see the pats crumble

Mike P
11-30-2009, 11:30 PM
this game will seperate pretender from contender... someone will win by 10....

Or 20.

BigFish
11-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I shut it off after that INT!:uhuh:

Raven
12-01-2009, 05:24 AM
ugh......................:confused:

Raider Ronnie
12-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Watched till the very last snap of the game.
Got the best nights sleep I've had in a long time and woke up with a smile !

JohnR
12-01-2009, 07:25 AM

I'd rather take a beating like last night than go through a season of being one of these :rotf2: :

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/86/263554068_9a1ab2b6e1.jpg

afterhours
12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=afterhours;727121] this game will seperate pretender from contender...

.....and it did. all our weaknesses exposed....

Raven
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
i'm glad i fell asleep :yak5:

Pete_G
12-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Best positive I can come up with is that maybe this will take away any remaining ideas in the minds of the coaches, players, and fans about how good the team is currently and enable the team to regroup.

I don't know if they're young, just don't have the skills in some spots, simply don't play well together, or what the problem is anymore.

Maybe they needed a good spanking to even think of a playoff run.

The old Parcells quote of "You are what your record says you are." is really ringing true this morning.

ProfessorM
12-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Glad i missed it as I work in a large metal box and couldn't get it on the radio. Back to the drawing board

Raven
12-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I work in a large metal box and couldn't get it on the radio.

so
you cannot run a real thin copper wire outside the building?

that's all you'd need... :confused:

ProfessorM
12-01-2009, 10:37 AM
i'm on Cape too so that doesn't help. Glad i didn't though as I would have been more miserable at work than usual.

FishermanTim
12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
All I can say is that if you're going to lose, at least it was against a good team.

Although I like the Pats, I have REALLY enjoyed watching the Saints.
They have been having a Pats (circa 2001) season where they just keep finding ways to win.
Unlike the Colts, who have had opponents find ways to lose, the Saints look like the real deal this year.

The Dad Fisherman
12-01-2009, 11:42 AM

That's Good, You'll need to catch up on your sleep so you can watch your team romp through the Play-offs....Oh Yeah, That's right.....Never Mind.

Well, there's always the Pro Bowl......Maybe

Mike P
12-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't know if they're young, just don't have the skills in some spots, simply don't play well together, or what the problem is anymore.

Belichick made a conscious decision before the season to tear down his defense, and go with younger, unproven players, especially in the secondary and at LB.

Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Hobbs, Seau, Colvin, all gone. Samuel allowed to leave a season ago.

Ty Warren has been doing his best impression of the Invisible Man.

Wilfolk has been ineffective since the Colts game. Addai ran right past him for the TD that brought them within 6, and his fat ass screened Mayo from seeing the play.

The Pats rank 27th out of 32 teams in the NFL in sacks.

The formula that worked when they let guys like Milloy, Law, Washington, Johnson et al leave ran its course.

Sooner or later, letting top defenders go via free agency, and trading down in draft choices to avoid the big ticket contracts is going to bite you in the ass. Now it did. Maybe BB thought that his high powered offense could outscore every good team--but when they ran into good defensive teams (Denver, the Jets and now the Saints) that philosophy didn't cut it. Good defenses usually stop good offenses in big spots--that lesson should have been learned after the last SB.

They very well could have lost the second Jets game if Sanchez didn't literally throw it away.

Maybe time to thank your lucky stars that Ronnie Brown is out for the Fish ;)

ProfessorM
12-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I think it is a chance he took much like when he let Branch go and tried to use no name receivers. Some work some don't, but I would say more times than not he has a pretty good track record. Tough to win every year and even repeat in the NFL.

Mike P
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I think it is a chance he took much like when he let Branch go and tried to use no name receivers. Some work some don't, but I would say more times than not he has a pretty good track record. Tough to win every year and even repeat in the NFL.

And that worked out so well that he went out and got Moss and Welker, after the last 2 year hiatus from the Super Bowl.

And since 2005, they've obtained a grand total of one impact player in the draft---Mayo. Maroney's been mostly a bust. Other than Merriweather, is anyone from the 2007 draft still on the roster? The pick of this year's draft looks like Vollmer, but you need more than one impact player every other year out of the draft.

Brady and Moss only have a few years left, and if these kids like Butler, Wheatley, Merriweather, Wilhite, Chung, McKenzie etc don't pan out......

So far their best DB has been Bodden, a journeyman out of a Division 1-AA school.

ProfessorM
12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I can't argue with you about him taking chances on these guys but how many teams draft multiple players that start right away or can afford to go out and sign multiple impact players. Don't forget how disappointing Adalius Thomas has been too. 3 super bowls since 2001 ain't chopped liver though. He must be doing something right. Don't forget all the coaches they have lost. I feel that has a detrimental effect on a team too. Heck look what he did with a back up qb last year, not bad. I am just saying you can't always hit home runs and yes they overestimated how much they had and were willing to go without this year.

Pete_G
12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Belichick made a conscious decision before the season to tear down his defense, and go with younger, unproven players, especially in the secondary and at LB.

Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Hobbs, Seau, Colvin, all gone. Samuel allowed to leave a season ago.

Ty Warren has been doing his best impression of the Invisible Man.

Wilfolk has been ineffective since the Colts game. Addai ran right past him for the TD that brought them within 6, and his fat ass screened Mayo from seeing the play.

The Pats rank 27th out of 32 teams in the NFL in sacks.

The formula that worked when they let guys like Milloy, Law, Washington, Johnson et al leave ran its course.

Sooner or later, letting top defenders go via free agency, and trading down in draft choices to avoid the big ticket contracts is going to bite you in the ass. Now it did. Maybe BB thought that his high powered offense could outscore every good team--but when they ran into good defensive teams (Denver, the Jets and now the Saints) that philosophy didn't cut it. Good defenses usually stop good offenses in big spots--that lesson should have been learned after the last SB.

They very well could have lost the second Jets game if Sanchez didn't literally throw it away.

Maybe time to thank your lucky stars that Ronnie Brown is out for the Fish ;)

Luckily we had some idea it was a rebuilding (hopefully we can call it that down the road) year.

Otherwise I'd be far more miserable about it.

JohnnyD
12-01-2009, 03:41 PM
A whole lot of draft picks to barter with come the next draft.

I always imagined this year as a stepping stone. Brady needed to get back in the grove, secondary needs development, a decision on which of the 4 Backs will stay.

I long for the days we don't have to watch Maroney dance around the back field losing yardage.

Edit: Pete beat me to it.

Mike P
12-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I can't argue with you about him taking chances on these guys but how many teams draft multiple players that start right away or can afford to go out and sign multiple impact players. Don't forget how disappointing Adalius Thomas has been too. 3 super bowls since 2001 ain't chopped liver though. He must be doing something right. Don't forget all the coaches they have lost. I feel that has a detrimental effect on a team too. Heck look what he did with a back up qb last year, not bad. I am just saying you can't always hit home runs and yes they overestimated how much they had and were willing to go without this year.

The Rams, Cardinals (at home in a blizzard), Niners, Seahawks, Raiders and Chiefs, along with the Bills twice, had a lot to do with his success last year with Cassell. So did having the 5 yard dump-off to Welker that turned into the 20 yard gain after the catch :uhuh:

So he was 3-5 with a back-up QB against the decent teams on the schedule.

BigFish
12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
They might make the playoffs but they are not beating the Saints!!! That was some ass whoopin' they gave us!!

Backbeach Jake
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
The Pats have a load of work to do. They were beaten by a much better team last night, beaten and nose rubbed in it. How many times did I see our DBs with their back to their man-while he caught a pass. Too many. How many times did Brady have to abandon the pocket? That screwed up the timeing something fierce. So much work to do.

Raven
12-01-2009, 05:52 PM
if the other teams receiver looks back so should the DB
i was yelling.:fury:

how else are you going to intercept the pass from the team with the most interceptions in the NFL. :wall: