View Full Version : Japanese Game Shows

JohnnyD
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone ever see the youtube videos of any of these Japanese game shows? Spike plays MXC stuff all the time that's pretty funny.

A friend sent me this:
YouTube - Japanese Treadmill Run TV Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihyj1xhOvM&feature=player_embedded)
Can you image them trying to do this in the US?

ecduzitgood
12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Very funny, kinda reminds me of two game shows we did have here but I cant remember the names. Dog house might have been one then the other had people jumping through holes in a wall (I only saw the comercials for that one never did watch it). I would watch a game show like this for the laughs, well at least once.

JohnnyD
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't know the first you mentioned, but the second one with people jumping through holes in the wall was literally named "Hole in the Wall", and was always good for a couple laughs.

FishermanTim
12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately, any "extreme" game shows in the US are copies of ones from Japan.

Ones like "Hole in the Wall' and "Dog Eat Dog" are a couple.
There was another one that was based on XMC (Most Extreme Challenge) but I don't know if it lasted long.

The reason we don't create shows like that is because we have such a wussy-a$$ed nation of idiots that even when they read the fine print and the injury disclaimer that would spell out in IDIOT-PROOF letters that they assume all risks involved, they would turn around and sue for injuries sustained from their involvement.

Now we have to contend with lame-a$$ed copies of shows from the 60's and 70's, and the remakes are even lamer than the originals.