View Full Version : ITS A BOY!!!!

JohnR
11-25-2000, 11:42 AM
Liam Michael Redmond ,8.2#er and 20 inches long :P , was born @ 3:58am Friday morning after a VERY LONG labor time for the new mom ( ladies, God Love Ya for what you must go through ) !! Liam, mom, and dad are all doing well and we will head home Sunday morning. Liam displays an incredible casting motion, both overhead and sidearm and will soon be the proud recipient of a "Conventional" Snoopy Rod !!

I can't think of any day in my life that was as wonderful as yesterday was (and scary), there is truly no comparison!!

Thanks to everyone for praying for us ( those prayers were heard and there were a few scares) that things would work out just right!!!

And now, it gives me great pleasure to introduce my son (and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s nephew) Liam Michael Redmond, a chip off the old Blockhead ;D

[img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/liam1.jpg]

Saltheart
11-25-2000, 12:23 PM
Congratulations John! He looks rugged and healthy. So I guess you can't go fishing Sunday. How about next Sunday? No? How about the sunday after that? No? What's that? Maybe one day next sept? Maybe! :)

CowHunter
11-25-2000, 03:59 PM
Congratulations John!!!!!!

Got Stripers
11-25-2000, 04:00 PM
He's a keeper, lol. Great day indeed and I remember my first like it was yesterday. Enjoy the glow my friend and the joy of fatherhood. There's only one drawback, they grow up to be teenagers, lol. I would have gladly rented you one of my teenage boys and saved you both all that hard work, lol.

Congrats DAD.

Patrick
11-25-2000, 05:27 PM
Yeah but has he gotten the pendulum cast down?

20 inches? That's a keeper in the chesapeake.

Congrats!

Patrick

Chunker of Death
11-25-2000, 10:36 PM
Congratulations Redmond Family! What a cute little squirt! John, you'll have him reeling in the big uns before yah know it. Glad to hear everyone is doing AOK.

Jenn
11-26-2000, 12:35 AM
Congrads! What a beatiful name by the way! 8.2#????? WOWWEE!!!! Me thinks he gonna be a big boy!!! :) Something gives me the feeling that he will be following in your footst......I mean waders before you know it!! HEE!HEE!

saltydog
11-26-2000, 01:08 PM
John, congrats to you an your wife, looks like your in for a fun adventure ahead of you. best cheresh every moment, time goes FAST.
enjoy. nice pic.
"GOOD LUCK, GOOD FISHIN"

Blitzseeker
11-26-2000, 04:28 PM
John,

Add my congratulations to the list......he looks happy already in the picture. Enjoy....he'll be a fifty pounder before you know it.

BobThomas
11-27-2000, 01:30 AM
Hey John...Congrats!! Hope all is well with mom & the little one!

Fishpart
11-27-2000, 08:05 AM
John,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks like you have the makings of a fine "surf caddy" there. ;)

chris L
11-27-2000, 09:06 AM
CONGRATS John
Im glad everyone is doing fine . Our wives are incredible , If it was up to us guys to birth kids then mankind would have ended along time ago . Three cheers for the newest addition to the Redmonds house .
CONGRATS
Chris Lane

Marc Z
11-27-2000, 12:16 PM
Congrats John!
MZ

Fisherwoman
11-27-2000, 12:39 PM
Congradulations to you both, he is adorable, and I love that name, no more Eel sleeping for you big guy, he will keep you hoppin. Best of Luck buddy.

Plug
11-29-2000, 10:17 AM
Congradulations to you and your wife John. Welcome to the most fulfilling endeavor on earth, raising a family. May the Lord bless you as you enter into it.

Plug

sand_man
11-29-2000, 11:40 AM
He is a keeper!
Congrats!

( The next excitement will be when he out fishes his dad!)

JohnR
11-29-2000, 04:21 PM
Thank you all, thank you all!! That was the most amazing day in my life and those of you that have been there know what I mean!! I sincerely thank you for all the prayers and well wishes for Baby Liam, my wife Gwen, and me. We had a couple scares that were very nerve racking but here, 5 days after being born, we are home with an incredible baby boy!!!

He is very strong, eats well (my poor wife), and recycle everything he eats like a champ!! A chip off the old blockhead so to speak ;P . He also, knock on wood, does not cry all too much, only when he is hungry and is rarely fussy. We actually sleep at night although not all of the way through of course...

Again thanks,

The Redmond Family

BTW - Uncle Schoolie-Monster and Auntie Lure Snapper-Offer , you better get your butts down here soon!!

cmstriper
11-29-2000, 08:44 PM
Congrats John,my son just received a baby sister a few weeks ago and I haven't been fishing since.

bubba
12-03-2000, 10:17 PM
congratulations john., a new striper swiper!!

JohnR
12-07-2000, 09:33 AM
Thanks Bobby!! A few years from now I'll be able to bring him to Pembroke for Kids Day!!! I'm really looking forward to that. See you at the club!!