View Full Version : Class B CDL

Christian
12-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I need to get a class B CDL. Does anyone know how to do this without spending a fortune ($3000+)?

Thanks

BigFish
12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Go to scuppers.....someone there will know! Or call the registry for the guidelines.

nightfighter
12-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Get sponsored. I first got mine out at UMass. They sponsored the course and test. It was how they got enough drivers for their Campus Shuttle bus system. I upped it to what then was called Class 1, as I drove the eighteens for the Stockbridge school as well. Was a good job that I had for all my four years there. Useful after school as well.

Christian
12-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I need to get a classB CDL. Does anyone know how without spending a fortune ($3000+)?

Thanks

Raider Ronnie
12-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Registry will give you the book to study for free.
Take permit test, pass that then road test.
Not the easiest way as I know my nephew took the test studying on his own, but failed the 1st attempt.
A guy I know got his class paid in full when he was on unemployment.

redcrbbr
12-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Some companies will sponsor or reimburse you the expense. If that option is not available to you, your best bet is to find a friend who has one and access to a truck so you can practice. Going to school for it does have it's advantages. There is an awful amount of responsibilities/ laws that go along with driving commercial vehicals and a good school would start you off on the right foot.

Raider Ronnie
12-13-2009, 10:30 AM
You can go to Framingham there are some (Brazilian) guys who can get you any lic with any name you want on it.
Not sure of the cost.
One problem, they are not considered legal in the eyes of our court system. But when you get pulled over, not problem !!!
You just end up going to court, mumble a few words in Porchegese
(Me no speek english) pay a $200-$250 fine and your back driving the same day :rotf2:

niko
12-13-2009, 10:40 AM
if you are familiar w/ trucks then just get the book and a friend w/ a cdl and go through it. if not, a class will help alot. i got mine years ago just by studying the book but i was driving everyday.

Gloucester2
12-13-2009, 12:52 PM
They grow up so fast :rotf2:

Swimmer
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Get the permit from the registry, where else. Then go out and practice on the same vehicle you'll be driving with a cl. B cdl licensed driver. Passing the driving part will be easy.

5/0
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
If you are changing careers the State/Unemployment office will pay for it,granted they still have the money for it.each year the State has additional unemployment money and if you want to change careerer's they will sponsor you into doing so.

Gary
12-13-2009, 04:59 PM
If the company will Sponsor you/re emburse you go bg or go home Get an A, It's probably the only reason I have a job now, I got mine when I was 18 and get all possible endorsments, I have the P X and T Passenger transport , Tank/Hazmat and Doubles/Triples, it does come in handy. If you know trucks well and can drive a roadranger I may be able to line up a truck for you to test with.

luds
12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
When you get it and your driving the truck watch out for the leaning signage at intersections in Boston and Cambridge. :smash: That always got me.