View Full Version : Hardware Problem

seabuggy
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I hope someone out there can answer this question for me. My plugs seem to very productive, thanks to some of what I have learned from this forum. My problem is, the swivels on belly hooks often break. As you might guess, this happens only on the larger fish. I think it is because of the sharp angle exposed to the strain. The length of the swivel is determined by the diameter of the plug body. This happens while bench testing swivels from a few makers. The break is always at the lower section of shaft, not at the loop and not pulling out of the barrel. Has anyone had this problem? What brand of hardware and where did you buy it? Thanks in advance and a Happy Holiday season to all.

angler229
12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Simple solution, upgrade your hardware to Krok swivels I'll be impressed if you can break one of those on a bass.

stripermaineiac
12-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Try the SPRO or Krocks if you can . Best is to find some old stock Sampo or
rosco. A lot of the new stuff is getting worse each yr with everyone trying to maximize profits LOL. Also look to setting your drag a little lighter to cut down the stress on the hook.
as far as Krocks or any swivel not breaking well if any fish can break them a large striper slamming a plug into the rock fighting for its life is gonna do it if any fish can.