View Full Version : Plymouth Power Plant

Got Stripers
11-25-2000, 04:21 PM
Took a run over to the power plant today and fished it for 2 hours with not a single bite. Kind of surprising in light of the favorable water temp (65) and the abundance of baitfish I was marking on the depth finder. Idled around the area just before leaving and really didn't mark anything but small baitfish.

Since I'm not a regular over there this time of year, I don't know what to make of it. Could be the shutdown a few weeks back, sent any holdovers packing without the warm water discharge. Was going to try for some cod, but remembered I neglected to pack the cod tackle, dumb move. Well it was nice to get out anyway and see how the new Lund handled the big pond.

I think I'm going to set my sights on the Thames River in CT. I've got some guys on another board from NY, that talk about 50 fish days all winter long. Not in my back yard, but a 1-1/2 hour drive for a shot at some wintering stripers, sounds well worth it.

Tight lines.

Fisherwoman
11-27-2000, 12:36 PM
Got Striper, glad to hear you got the new boat out. How do ya like it? Not sure about the fishing down there, got an email from a friend of ours this morning and said an Albie was caught there last Wed!!!! Very strange indeed but it is supposedly true. I think that there are probably still fish there, you may want to give that a shot from shore and see what happens, but I think today is the last day it is open for the season. At least that is what I have been told.
Glad to hear you got a chance to get the new boat out, best of luck with it!!!