View Full Version : Cormorant Fishing Birds

Goose
12-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Has anyone seen Sunrise Earth(HD theater) in China? Amazing how they developed the cormorants to catch fish for them. They tied a string tight enough around they're necks so that they could still catch they're prey but couldn't swallow. The bird would let the guy take the fish out of its mouth, then throw it back and it would catch another. Question is...can it be done with pogies?

Sunrise Earth is better but...YouTube - Li River Fishing Cormorants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWNx0WlSQE&feature=related)

Joe
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I saw it.
Cormorants are dirty birds.
I don't think the F.D.A. would approve of the Chinese food handling regulations.

stcroixman
12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Cormorants I think are protected for some odd reason.

I read about guys going to jail in the thousand islands region of upstate NY for slaughtering them to protect the smallmouth bass.

Nebe
12-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Soon all that will be left is cormerants, seals and dogfish :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ivanputski
12-26-2009, 08:01 PM
cormorants DECIMATE bait fish... My father's blood boils whenever he sees them... He was spear fishing this summer, and right after he speared a tautog, a cormorant swiped it right out of his hands underwater... didnt make off with it, but my father who already hates the damn things was pissed!!!