View Full Version : Bay to the Mets

nightfighter
12-29-2009, 05:06 PM
5 year deal for 60 mill. with a vesting option for 6th year totalling 80 mill.

edit; I have the numbers wrong..... see below

basswipe
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
4yr and 66mil.

nightfighter
12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
4yr and 66mil.

You are right.... the numbers are unfathomable to me anyway.....

good2hook
12-29-2009, 07:59 PM
must of left a bad taste with the Sox. Those numbers weren't too far off from what the Sox offered him?:confused: Have fun playing in New York on a team that won't make the playoffs the entire time he's on the team. Just goes to show you it has and always will be about the money. Too bad, i liked him as a Sock.

Mike P
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
must of left a bad taste with the Sox. Those numbers weren't too far off from what the Sox offered him?:confused: Have fun playing in New York on a team that won't make the playoffs the entire time he's on the team. Just goes to show you it has and always will be about the money. Too bad, i liked him as a Sock.

If the Sox seiously wanted to re-sign him, I'm sure that they wouldn't have let $6 million over 4 years stand in their way.

Maybe when a lot of those Fenway HRs die in the cavernous left-center field of CitiField, he'll realize that maybe the extra million and a half a year wasn't worth it.

Backbeach Jake
12-29-2009, 09:26 PM
At the end of his new contract his career will be over. The numbers he puts up during will mean nothing for a future contract because there won't be one. Bay cashed in. The Mets are such suckers.

ThomCat
12-30-2009, 08:28 AM
........Have fun playing in New York on a team that won't make the playoffs the entire time he's on the team. Just goes to show you it has and always will be about the money. Too bad, i liked him as a Sock.

:devil2:It's all about the AGENT'S money. They don't care where a guy plays or what the circumstances or conditions are, they only know the more cash they can generate, the bigger their cut.:fury::nailem:

afterhours
12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
i think he made a BIG mistake...citifield will expose him both on the offense and defense.

MarshCappa
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
He might as well be playing in Japan now. Bye Bye Bay!

ProfessorM
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
better than than the evil empire. Nice guy, wish him well.

Mike P
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
At the end of his new contract his career will be over. The numbers he puts up during will mean nothing for a future contract because there won't be one. Bay cashed in. The Mets are such suckers.

Their front office is the biggest collection of Stooges this side of the Oakland Raiders :doh:

They didn't learn their lesson with Petey--if the Sox let a couple of million over 3-4 years stand between them and re-signing a big-name free agent, there's a very good reason, and it has nothing to do with not being able to pay the freight.

The Dad Fisherman
12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Not for nothin either but they could have thrown that money at Lackey....they need pitching...not another bat in the lineup