View Full Version : Winter Classic

Bronko
01-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Anybody heading in? It's like Christmas morning for me. Can't wait. Getting in there to "tailgate" around 10:30 am. Huge crowd of friends heading in too!:uhuh:

BigFish
01-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I will be home actually "seeing" the game on TV! I will let you know who wins!:rotf2: My nephew is going in....big hockey fan! It will be quite a thing to see I am sure! Hope you had a great time Bronko.....please tell us all about it when you get home!:uhuh:

Slipknot
01-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Lucky you Bronco :btu: enjoy yourself, hopefully it won't rain.
I'll be watching it on TV also

Anyone know if the Legends game will be broadcast on TV? It is supposed to be tomorrow and I can't find anything on a listing.

ProfessorM
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
old school. Great event. I'm really looking forward to this. Got to luv it. I did a post in the sports forum. Lucky dog Peter. Have fun.

Raider Ronnie
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I could give a rats ass about them playing @ Fenway !!!
Watching the news, they keep saying how much revenue it's making.
Who's profiting from this, our POS owner who sits on his greedy ass in Buffalo ???
On the news they are saying tickets are going for $500 EACH
We haven't sniffed the cup since I was 8 years old !

Backbeach Jake
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
My Daughter and Shred are going. UPS lost their tickets until 9:30 last night.:confused: Those two are huge fans.

Bronko
01-01-2010, 07:33 PM
It was really cool. Actually surreal for a while. Bruins played like sh*t for 2 1/2 periods and turned it on at the end for the victory. Unreal experience. I am drunk.:grins::buds:

ProfessorM
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
LOL. good for you. I enjoyed it as much as I have for a hockey game in a long time. Great finish. Next time I hope they play Les Habitants

Slingah
01-01-2010, 08:08 PM
first full game I have watched in years......
good thing they won!

HESH2
01-02-2010, 08:23 AM
great game to watch had everything and more in a really great hockey game.aside from the 40k fans at game i'm thinking probably one of most tv watched games ever.

buckman
01-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Poorly played game. Glad we won. I don't know if it was the pucks or the ice but the Bruins can pass the puck great and they couldn't do anything. One of the worse games I have seen all year.

The Iceman 6
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Spectacular event.

fishbones
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Poorly played game. Glad we won. I don't know if it was the pucks or the ice but the Bruins can pass the puck great and they couldn't do anything. One of the worse games I have seen all year.

The pucks definitley seemed to be taking some weird bounces and overall just bouncing a lot more than normal for both teams. The players were saying the ice surface was great. I don't know, maybe the pucks weren't kept cold enough. When they get warm, they bounce much more.

Overall, I enjoyed watching the game. I thought the network did a nice job with the coverage, too. I love the playing outdoor aspect of it. Reminds me of the freezing cold nights playing at Lars Anderson rink as a kid.

chief10
01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Great time!! I'm glad I had the chance to go with my son. :grins:

nightfighter
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
If the weather holds up, and they get the college games in on Friday, Marblehead HS will be playing Winthrop HS at Fenway on Saturday. Should be great experience for the kids. Mike Eruzione is an assistant coach for Winthrop, so I'm assuming he had something to do with getting the ice. No clue as to how they pay, or if they have to guarantee a gate/ticket sales.... Certainly hasn't been very well publicized, even here in town.

Bronko
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I am playing there tonight with the Red Sox front office, I'll post pics tomorrow!!!:uhuh: