View Full Version : beach master 40 eel skin?

dannyplug1
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Does any one out there in striper land know if beachmaster makes an atom forty for an eel skin? thanks Charlie G.

Thumper
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.edgeangling.com/Beachmaster-Blind-Atom-Jr-Eelskin.html

you can take any atom 40 type plug and just tie a skin up tight around the lip. the problem is finding eels that are 2-1/2' long. unless of course you all the sudden here what sounds like a BFT crashing the surface only to find out its this islander dude tossing his 3 foot eels up-tide.

ivanputski
01-01-2010, 11:47 PM
my father spears eels for consumption in the summer... BIG ones... then smokes them... as a result, I have access to plenty of eel skins... contact me in the summer if you want some... hope I can help. I'm in weekapaug & 'gansset all summer

risurffish
01-02-2010, 05:02 AM
check out the lordship lures eel skin 40

Zeno
01-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Charlie
When i want A40 with skin I use plastic vintage Atom A40.Tou can pick them up at fishing shows for few bucks. Without skin, I like Lordship too.

numbskull
01-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Charlie
When i want A40 with skin I use plastic vintage Atom A40.

Word of caution. Plastic A40s make great skin plugs, but the wire in old A40's tends to corrode. Twice in the last several years I have cast away my plug and found 1" of the through wire still attached to my snap. Both plugs were probably 15-20 years old. They are still the gold standard for skin plugs (if you can cast 4-4.5 oz), but don't use one that is too ancient.

dannyplug1
01-02-2010, 10:30 AM
How do the lordship skin plugs compair to the beachmasters? I managed to acquire through ebay (at great cost) some beachmaster jrs skin plugs. has any one fished the beachmasters and the lordships. And Ivan I will get a hold of you in the spring. I trap eels but never get ones big enough for dannies or atom forties. Thanks for your help. Charlie

risurffish
01-02-2010, 01:34 PM
send an email to ron at lordship lures I am sure he will answer any questions you have on his skin plugs

ivanputski
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
just pm me... i check this site daily!!!

Islander77
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Beachmaster Atom Jr (Eelskin - Blind) (http://www.edgeangling.com/Beachmaster-Blind-Atom-Jr-Eelskin.html)

you can take any atom 40 type plug and just tie a skin up tight around the lip. the problem is finding eels that are 2-1/2' long. unless of course you all the sudden here what sounds like a BFT crashing the surface only to find out its this islander dude tossing his 3 foot eels up-tide.

HEY Thumper.. I resemble that remark.. Its not my fault that night we were down the b-way you walked up and said .. WTF is that????? and that was on a spinning rod... lil guys lmao the ones on the 8 footer convench are usually a lil BEEFY lmao....

dannyplug1
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Ivan cant figure out how to pm you am very interested in acquiring some big eel skins for atom forties or dannies. thanks Charlie G.