View Full Version : Sandman ???

Tagger
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Calender ???

narrabass
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I talked to him and he said due to a lot of personal issues there would be no 2010 calendar. He hopes to have one in 2011.

Pete_G
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
People wanted that calendar in the worst way. One of the most called about items of the holiday season.

Customer: "Hello, I'd like to order the Sandman Calendar."
SWE: I'm afraid we don't have any this year.
Customer: "What do you mean there's no Sandman Calendar?"
SWE: Well, there's no calendar.
Customer: "Sooo... when are you getting the calendar?"
SWE: I'm not sure.
Customer: "Really?"
SWE: I don't think there is one this year.
Customer: "stunned silence"
SWE: How about the Women in Waders calendar?

Just kidding about that last part.

Happened a couple times a day for a while. Felt like I told a 6 year old there was no Santa Claus a few times. :)

Rob Rockcrawler
01-06-2010, 04:45 AM
I was bummed when i heard there wasnt going to be any thins year, they make a great gift. Hope everything is ok. Look forward to next years.

DZ
01-06-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm not taking last years down - so many pics of my favorite places to cast. The DVD also has hundreds of great shots.
I'm looking forward to the 2011 Sandman calendar.

DZ

JohnR
01-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Yes, he needs to skip this year but he hopes to be back next year with it.

In the meantime, the FLy Fishing Calendar may have to do...

http://www.flyfishcalendar.com/images/products/cal2010_ashley_february_zoom.jpg

Mr. Sandman
01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Jeezz, I am really sorry about this personal screw up this year guys. It's my fault, no excuses.
I had some of the photos I wanted to use but I was not satisfied and needed a second flight to complete it. The weather sucked when I could make the flights this year and I got involved in too many other things that distracted me. You really need a "perfect" day to do this. I have tried it on nice days...the photos are OK but not good enough, it has to be a perfectly clear day in Late June, July or Aug. There were lots of overcast, hazy days this year and they all fell at times when I could do it.
Anyway I will make more of an effort next year. I would like to add video of the entire flight to the DVD as well. I am glad to hear that there was interest in it but sorry I could not meet the demand. I enjoy doing it and I got past break even last year so it is a hobby that does not cost me much...just a little time and effort.
Again, sorry for the missed year. Jim

PS It is hard to compete with T & A

RIROCKHOUND
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM

Fly over a nude beach.

fishbones
01-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Fly over a nude beach.

Spoken like someone who has never been to Moonstone Beach.:yak5:

Mr. Sandman
01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the constructive criticism...most guys want tides/moon phase/sunrise...we have a few of those beaches here but most of the people on them are not ones that you would want to showcase if you know what I mean. (envision Dershowitz in the nude :yak5:)

DZ
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Over rated - at this point in my life I'll take white water rolling over SW bar over T&A anytime.

DZ

Crafty Angler
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I dunno, Dennis - a few years back I ran into an honest to God professional bikini photo shoot at the 'Tail around sunset on my way to sling eels with Bryan...:shocked:

For me it was a surfcaster's dream, the best of both worlds without a doubt...:uhuh:

If memory serves, we barely escaped a skunking - apparently I'd lost my focus...:hihi:

But it did make a dirty old man very happy...:hee:

Tagger
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Sandman Calender is the only calender I can't bring myself to throw away at the end of the year .. They are all still hanging on top of each other .. MV,,Cutty,,BI ,,. ,, enjoy thumbing thru them now and then ..

RIROCKHOUND
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, and I missed that Chuck...
I think I had a dink and low teen fish on eels maybe? I can't remember anymore

tattoobob
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Over rated - at this point in my life I'll take white water rolling over SW bar over T&A anytime.

DZ

Wow I don't know Dennis, that just scares me in so many ways

Crafty Angler
01-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah, and I missed that Chuck...
I think I had a dink and low teen fish on eels maybe? I can't remember anymore

That sounds about right, Bryan - I don't recall any wall-hangers

The only thing I remember vividly is the red bikini...:)