View Full Version : Frozen Stripa ?

bloocrab
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
You have to be crazy to want to eat frozen stripa back from rOctober.....

:drool:.......

FishermanTim
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Crazy lile a fox!:drool:

Raven
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
what a plate!

Jenn
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
looks yummmay

MarshCappa
01-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Looks good. Care to share the recipe?

redcrbbr
01-08-2010, 03:43 AM
been eyeing a fillet in the freezer all week

bloocrab
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Being that life can get busy and that the spouse’s schedule is constantly conflicting with mine, I prepare this stuff ahead of time so it’s easier the day I’m going to eat it. Obviously you CAN’T beat fresh, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. We don’t all have the luxury of doing what we want when we want to. We do what our time allows us to. Nuff said!

OK, here goes,

I marinated the fish for about 24 hours (4 pieces)

White wine
Minced garlic cloves
Crushed red pepper (pickled, not flaked)
Red Wine Vinegar

I cut some slits into the fillets and forced some garlic into the crevices, pushing the crevices closed afterwards. I marinated it in a freezer bag as they seem to have a better seal than most bags and with laying the fillets flat, the marinade gets distributed more evenly to all the pieces. I also try to get as much air out of the bag as I can before tipping the bag from side to side to get everything fully saturated.

Bake the fish depending on it’s thickness until fully cooked. I don’t like sloppy wet fish so I bake it on a grill rack over a baking pan. I place foil on the grill rack and later perforate the foil to allow the excess liquids to fall through. I start off by baking it uncovered @350 for about 1/3 of the total baking time. 1/3 covered @ 400…as these were thick fillets, I cut into one at this point to check its progress. I then bake the last 1/3 of the time uncovered or until satisfied. I’m not a chef by trade so I’m constantly peeking. These 4 pieces took about an hour.

I sautéed the vegetables in some extra-virgin olive oil…in this case, red peppers, green peppers, string beans, Vidalia onions, broccoli and a few shakes of Mrs. Dash seasoning mix.

OK, so now I have the fish and the veggies done!

Since I was cooking for 1 but had enough for 4, I placed everything in containers ready to be refrigerated. All but what I’d be eating that day. I placed about 1 serving of veggies in a small sauté pan. I added ketchup, Frank’s Hot Sauce, Lemon Juice some black pepper and a splash of white wine because I want it a little saucy.
I got the veggies sizzling again in the new mixture and then pushed this veggie mixture to one side of the pan and placed the 1 piece of fish directly into the center of the pan and proceeded to cover the fish with the vegetable medley. I actually try to bury the fish in it. I used a fork to perforate the fish to allow the veggie juice mixture to saturate into the fish. Let it sit on a low flame for about 10 minutes…pour yourself a tall glass of home-made wine and enjoy.

I make fish MANY different ways. There’s nothing fancy to the above recipe. This is one of my more convenient ways. This is actually great for single guys who do not want to cook everyday or for married guys who’s wives don’t like fish. Like with this recipe, I baked 4 pieces of fish. I also prepared enough of the vegetable medley for all 4 pieces. When I’m ready to have one of these pieces of fish again, I will heat up another serving of veggies in the sauté pan, add whatever sauces I’d like to it, and then drop in another piece of fish. What’s great about this is that it can taste different each day based on what I add to the vegetables. I think today, I will flavor it with a little Teriyaki sauce. Pictures to come later…mmmmmmmmmmmmmouthssssstartingtowaaaaterrrrr! !!!!

Recipes are just as sacred as spots...:devil2:
Hi Rick!!!

Backbeach Jake
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Awesome looking meal! We do a similar one with capers, black olives, mushrooms and some aromatics. You reminded me to thaw a filet, thanks.

bloocrab
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
:devil2:....sorry, plate was wiped clean before remembering to take pictures. I must say, today's concoction was simply Mahvelous!!! ..... :drool:

...and yes, there really is a pretty piece of fish under that mess.

Picture after baking....before I pollute it with the other stuff.

Goose
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Funny you should post that, I had some yesterday too..came out sweeeeet,, that George Foreman grill does wonders. They just don't make plates like we do at your local restaurant:no2:...do they?