View Full Version : See ya all soon...

Islander77
01-13-2010, 02:40 AM
You have the fuel and grub on... You throw the bow line then the stern line.You squeeze out and around the big bitch behind you. You swing out into the channel, The first wave of crisp air hits you. Clean and unrestricted the smell of salt and wood stove smoke. The diesel comes alive as the throttle is pushed....You think god its a beautiful night, every one else is cuddled up to a wood stove trying to stave off the cold. You close on the west gap. The first of the rollers hit as you bow south and the riggers are coming down. You now know its winter in NE and there is no where else you would rather be. And you you think to your self " I am not afraid I was born for this".....

My thoughts... Ill be heading out in the next few days for 10-14 days of offshore fishing so.. No it is not a dragger or in any way something any of us want something to do with lmao.. Google Hagfish if you doubt me also known as slime eels.. Any how See ya all soon.. and Woody good seeing ya on 95 the other day lol:buds:

BigFish
01-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Be safe Islander!:uhuh:

afterhours
01-13-2010, 07:24 AM
josiah- may the four winds blow you home again....

Nebe
01-13-2010, 07:34 AM
josiah- may the four winds blow you home again....
And a mermaid :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Slime Eels... wasn't there an episode on Dirty Jobs about working a slime eel boat? Those things are incredibly nasty.

Safe trip.

DZ
01-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Josiah,
Good luck - will you be back on the island in time to be counted on Feb 2?

DZ

JohnR
01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Islander, Fair winds, following seas.

And a mermaid :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

:rotf2:

Islander77
01-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys and DZ itll be tight.. we sail tomorrow or sat. for 10-14 days so.. if not ill have to have myself counted by remote entry hahahaha.. And yes slime eels are a nasty nasty nasty... did i mention nasty deal but... gotta make pink leather and korean pecker stiffening pills so....

Thumper
01-13-2010, 05:28 PM
already called up the crew and you will be chowin the head off of the first slimey boated, hope ya dont get sick! be safe bub, see ya when you get back

quick decision
01-13-2010, 08:52 PM
be safe

Islander77
01-14-2010, 12:34 AM
already called up the crew and you will be chowin the head off of the first slimey boated, hope ya dont get sick! be safe bub, see ya when you get back

Got bait tonight few more last minute repairs and we leave.. And Thumper the head went tonight and its herring and eggs for breakfast tomorroe lmao....

piemma
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
You have the fuel and grub on... You throw the bow line then the stern line.You squeeze out and around the big bitch behind you. You swing out into the channel, The first wave of crisp air hits you. Clean and unrestricted the smell of salt and wood stove smoke. The diesel comes alive as the throttle is pushed....You think god its a beautiful night, every one else is cuddled up to a wood stove trying to stave off the cold. You close on the west gap. The first of the rollers hit as you bow south and the riggers are coming down. You now know its winter in NE and there is no where else you would rather be. And you you think to your self " I am not afraid I was born for this".....

My thoughts... Ill be heading out in the next few days for 10-14 days of offshore fishing so.. No it is not a dragger or in any way something any of us want something to do with lmao.. Google Hagfish if you doubt me also known as slime eels.. Any how See ya all soon.. and Woody good seeing ya on 95 the other day lol:buds:

Josiah, fair winds and following seas my friend.

Islander77
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Im back a lil longer than expected but home..

WoodyCT
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
How'd the slime treat you?

Let's see some pics!

Islander77
02-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Jon no pics of live action snot eels... there was so much slime i would of lost my camera.... It was a decent trip though.. Except the daily gales lol.. had a couple days of nice weather though.. But i got some pics on my phone of sunrises sunsets from heading in out of RI and VA we has to lay over down in Newport News for a few days cause it got BAD... Ill try to get then up soon..

BigFish
02-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Nice to see you back safe!:)