View Full Version : Where to find 6"PSA sanding discs?

JFigliuolo
01-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm trying to locate some 6" PSA sanding discs. 220-600 grit. I can't seem to find any higher than 220 that are decent. the higher grits seem to wear out VERY fast.

Someone must know where I can get some. Online I can only find rolls of way more than I will ever use.

I recnly bought a worksharp, and would like to get some more discs. Getting there brand seems pricey. $15 for 8 discs (a kit, 4 of which I don't need)

eastendlu
01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Try an autoparts store they usually have them at least by me they do.

Backbeach Jake
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I got mine at Sears. 600 is pretty fine stuff not sure if Sears has that.

ed morini
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
goggle klingspor they have a huge assortment of disk with various grits, I have beeen using them for years and have been very happy with their products

EricW
01-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a worksharp 3000 (the bigger one) and I was thinking the same thing as you. find some cheaper discs and use those. Which I did.
They supply norton discs though and those are of superior quality. I have started using Norton sanding paper exclusively lately and it is so far superior to anything else I have tried. When I need worksharp discs I think I am going to get those. Have you been using the rubber thing it came with to clean the sandpaper. I have and I really havent needed to replace any of mine yet.
I did find some 6" discs that I use for all kinds of stuff and may end up using on it too. I go to a car flea market during the spring-fall. Not sure if you have one of those near you, but you can get lots of pretty good quality sandpaper from the auto body guys that sell at those types of things. I have found up to 600 grit. Even being a name brand it doesn't hold up like the norton abrasives.

eastendlu
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Could not agree more about Norton abrasives!!!!

JFigliuolo
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I think what I'll do instead is get sheets, and some spray adhesive. Should be esaier to locate as well as a bit cheaper.