View Full Version : transparency, reaching across the aisle

RIJIMMY
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
another lie from the big O - what ever happended to the uniter?

Senior Democratic sources said last week that Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process of a formal conference committee comprising House and Senate members to exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations.

Obama gave his blessing for that move last week, two congressional Democratic leadership sources said.

buckman
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Best thing that could happen to the Republican Party. Let them own this.

The Democrats are a self destructive bunch of idiots. To bad our children have to pay for their lunacy.

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
another lie from the big O - what ever happended to the uniter?

Senior Democratic sources said last week that Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process of a formal conference committee comprising House and Senate members to exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations.

Obama gave his blessing for that move last week, two congressional Democratic leadership sources said.

It's a good political move for the democrats. They don't need a single vote from the Republicans and (as long as Brown doesn't win) they don't have to even consider the Republican opinion. The Dems have a very defined (and screwed up) agenda with HC and including the Republicans would delay it. They need to push this through before any chances of them to dip below 60 seats.

I mentioned events like this happening when the Dems won the invincible majority that they have at the moment. It is far too easy for the Dems to completely cut out Republican input and as such, the whole country is going to suffer for it. The polar ideas moderate each other and right now, that moderation has been eliminated.

A few business owners that I know (myself included) are holding out on hiring employees until absolutely necessary until we find out the ramifications of the HC bill on small businesses.

RIJIMMY
01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
is it a good politcal move? Most americans are against the bill.

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM

Now you need to check data. Country is pretty much divided even at 49% for the bill, 46% against.

fishbones
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Now you need to check data. Country is pretty much divided even at 49% for the bill, 46% against.

JD, can you post when those numbers came out where they came from? The latest Rasmussen poll is from 12/18/09 and has 40% in favor of the plan and 56% against. Rasmussen is considered to be the most accurate poll with the least amount of variation.

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
JD, can you post when those numbers came out where they came from? The latest Rasmussen poll is from 12/18/09 and has 40% in favor of the plan and 56% against. Rasmussen is considered to be the most accurate poll with the least amount of variation.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/kcrowlqj3ukbaliyxdi_aq.gif
Healthcare Bill Support Ticks Up; Public Still Divided (http://www.gallup.com/poll/125030/Healthcare-Bill-Support-Ticks-Up-Public-Divided.aspx)

fishbones
01-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks, JD. Although Gallup words the question very vaguely. It doesn't specify the bill as is presently written, it uses the general term "helathcare reform". I'm all for "healthcare reform", but I wouldn't support the current bill (or any bill that is going to cost me more of my $). The Gallup poll also says passing the healthcare reform "this year", meaning in 2010. That gives them a lot of time for tweaking, which wasn't true when the Big Oh was trying to ram it down everyone's throats so he could claim an accomplishment in 2009.

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks, JD. Although Gallup words the question very vaguely. It doesn't specify the bill as is presently written, it uses the general term "helathcare reform". I'm all for "healthcare reform", but I wouldn't support the current bill (or any bill that is going to cost me more of my $). The Gallup poll also says passing the healthcare reform "this year", meaning in 2010. That gives them a lot of time for tweaking, which wasn't true when the Big Oh was trying to ram it down everyone's throats so he could claim an accomplishment in 2009.

I agree. Polls have to be taken lightly. Just look at the variety of polls and differences in the Coakley/Brown race.

buckman
01-13-2010, 01:54 PM

No it's politcal suicide.
They are a arogant bunch though. They don't care what America thinks, they will do the thinking for you.

JohnnyD
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
No it's politcal suicide.
They are a arogant bunch though. They don't care what America thinks, they will do the thinking for you.

All of these statements can be directly applied to 90% of politicians. I'd say 99% of politicians that have been in office more than 5 years.

buckman
01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
All of these statements can be directly applied to 90% of politicians. I'd say 99% of politicians that have been in office more than 5 years.

JD, Did you say " I know you are,but what am I" alot as a child?