View Full Version : Does Scott Brown have a chance in Mass senate race?

Jim in CT
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I think Rasmussen polls are consistently the most accurate, and Tuesday's poll showed Scott Brown only trailing the democratic front-runnder by two points. A Republican is within TWO POINTS of taking Bubbles Kennedy's seat!

As someone who does not want my kids in a 85% income tax bracket when they enter the workforce, to pay for all these proposals, get out and vote for Lieutenant Colonel Brown please...

golden*
01-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Brown all the way

RIJIMMY
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
we have a political forum so please join in. I'm the only one in there that has a clue while the rest of the posters are wannabees.

and with that - John R, can you lock this thread?

fishbones
01-14-2010, 01:24 PM
we have a political forum so please join in. I'm the only one in there that has a clue while the rest of the posters are wannabees.
and with that - John R, can you lock this thread?

Starting to sound like a liberal elitist there, Jim. In fact, with an attitude like that you can now run for office on the Democrat ticket.

RIJIMMY
01-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Starting to sound like a liberal elitist there, Jim. In fact, with an attitude like that you can now run for office on the Democrat ticket.

can I raise taxes and send the proceeds directly to me?

as far as Brown, I am voting for him. I think he has a small chance.

fishbones
01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
You have to at least send some of the tax money to illegal aliens/citizens and transgender inmates. Then after you give your friends high paying, do nothing jobs, you can have the rest.

I'm also voting for Brown. It's funny, I have yet to talk to anyone who will vote for Joakley, yet she's ahead in the polls. Maybe I need to get out of the burbs and into the city.

JohnnyD
01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Just got back from the town hall. Submitted my Absentee Ballot for Brown, due to leaving for Miami on Monday. Did my part. Hopefully enough people make the right choice.

FishermanTim
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Can someone explain how bombarding the airwaves with negative ads onafteranother helps to solidify your postion? Maybe if "Joakely" explained what she stood for, and what she will do, she might stand a chance of winning.
As it stands now, if Scott Brown doesn't win, there would have to be an investigation.
Seriously though, when the Dems start trotting out all the "old chestnuts" to back their hobby-horse candidate, it tells me that they are scared sh*tless and will now resort to ANY MEANS neccesary to keep control of "the seat". (Remember how the Dems wanted to "change" the rules governing the special election? They changed them when it was a Rep. governor, but wanted to change it back when they had a Dem. Governor.)
Let's see.... They started running almost non-stop mud-slinging campaign ads, they drag Clinton out of the closet/bedroom to speak on her behalf, Ted Kennedy's widow is publicly backing her, the word on the streets is that union "persuasion" will be arrive sometime this weekend, and heck, we may even see "our lord and savior" Pres. Obama speak on her behalf. Now all she needs is the prison and illegal alien voters and she will have the total package.

If she wins, we are going to be screwed more than a $2 wh*re.

RIROCKHOUND
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
can I raise taxes and send the proceeds directly to me?

as far as Brown, I am voting for him. I think he has a small chance.

No, take the Cheney model, and give your profits to a company that then gets a sweetheart deal to provide oil to a war zone... :love:

fixed.
I can't spell.

scottw
01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
No, take the Cheny model, and give your profits to a company that then gets a sweetheart deal to provide oil to a war zone... :love:

who the hell is "Cheny" ? you spell like Martha Coakley

RIJIMMY
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
who the hell is "Cheny" ? you spell like Martha Coakley

that is fantastic

RIROCKHOUND
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Names are close actually, maybe thats why I can't spell. She added a C thought

moosh
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Went to scott Brown Office on the cape the place was buzzing , there all fired up I think we might have a chance .If Acorn doesnt steal it from us ...

Sweetwater
01-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Just got back from the town hall. Submitted my Absentee Ballot for Brown, due to leaving for Miami on Monday. Did my part. Hopefully enough people make the right choice.

Well done!

Raider Ronnie
01-14-2010, 08:28 PM
SCOTT BROWN WILL WIN TUESDAY, NO QUESTION !

justplugit
01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
the word on the streets is that union "persuasion" will be arrive sometime this weekend, and heck, we may even see "our lord and savior" Pres. Obama speak on her behalf.

Obama showing in the Joisey Governor race meant nothing.

People are restless and seeing through the fog.

EarnedStripes44
01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
He seems moderate. I am not much of a fan of Coakley though. Menino's got her number.

Bronko
01-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Right now he is on pace to shock the world.

Mass. Senate poll shows shift toward GOP candidate - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/articles/2010/01/15/mass_senate_poll_shows_shift_toward_gop_candidate/)

This is amazing. The Dems are rattled to their core.:uhuh:

Karl F
01-15-2010, 08:01 AM
The President, the Clintons, the Kennedy family, will all be joining Coakley at some point this weekend, and all filming video for ads..
Miss Vicki already has completed an ad to be aired real soon, complete with lots of Ted video, to tug at the heartstrings, and get the swing back towards the AG..

the Machine is kicking into High Gear..

good forecast for tuesday... I am sure the voters lists are being combed right now...
watch for "record turnout"...

:rolleyes:

RIROCKHOUND
01-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm not in MA, so no dog in this fight, and Brown seems like a good guy... but..

listening to EEI for the last few days has been ridiculous. Listening to the callers talk about him is as bad as the ballwashing that went on during the presidential campaign...

scottw
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm not in MA, so no dog in this fight, and Brown seems like a good guy... but..

listening to EEI for the last few days has been ridiculous. Listening to the callers talk about him is as bad as the ballwashing that went on during the presidential campaign...

did anyone faint or claim that he was going to pay their mortgage?

RIROCKHOUND
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Pretty close Scott.

I'd argue the 'average' voter on both sides is pretty ignorant.

scottw
01-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Pretty close Scott.

I'd argue the 'average' voter on both sides is pretty ignorant.

you are morphing into JD:rotf2:
OK..maybe not morphing......"character change" :rotf2:

Jim in CT
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Right now he is on pace to shock the world.

Mass. Senate poll shows shift toward GOP candidate - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/articles/2010/01/15/mass_senate_poll_shows_shift_toward_gop_candidate/)

This is amazing. The Dems are rattled to their core.:uhuh:

Bronko, you beat me to it!!

Please God, let this happen!

Mark my words. If Brown wins this seat, the Democrats will do everything in their power to delay hi sswearing in, until after the healthcare votes are finalized. Remember, they swore in the Democrat who won the upstate NY seat before that election was certified by the state, so that guy could come to DC to vote in favor of Obamacare.

If Brown wins, we're going to see some real dirty politics.

scottw
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
they would never, ever engage in such tactics.....:wall:

hey, Joe Biden had a "closed door" meeting on transparency recently :biglaugh:

FishermanTim
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
.....If Brown wins, we're going to see some real dirty politics.

If he wins? They are doing it now!

There are flyers depicting Scott Brown in a parody of UPS, with the caption "What has Brown done TO you"
When called, UPS had no idea this had been done.
Just another bit of "union leverage" I guess.

Then there's also the whole "abortion for rape victim" lie that Martha Jokely has been harping on.
Scott Brown explained that very clearly, and reiterated his stance last night on TKK by adding that prior to Ted K's passing, he had an audience with the Pope, and the Pope requested that the healthcare plan not allow Catholic hospitals to be FORCED to perform services that were against that religion.
So, in essence, Scott Brown will do what Ted KLennedy had been asked to do (but didn't)!

Here's another point to consider: Right after the debate the Coakley camp started flooding the airwaves with their mud-slinging ads.
Now Scott Brown has responded with clean cut, informative ads that are positive reinforcements for his campaign.

Exactly what the hell has Martha done, and when does she plan on revealing her plans? Sounds like another Kerry BS plan to me. You know, where the candidate "claims" to have a plan that will work, and can be implimented during his term, yet is never heard of again, EVER!

Now there are the "secret" emails being sent amongst the state employees urging them to contact other employees to help with the Coakley campaign. In otherwords, state employees doing "volunteer" work on OUR time an OUR dime.
The Teachers Association president sent out an email for this purpose, explicitly stating that this was to be kept "in house" and not to be shared with anyone outside the company system.
OOPS!, I guess someone didn't read the email.

PRBuzz
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
The PACs have taken over ads this for campaign! You never know who prepared the ad unless reading the fine print at the end. Dems worried MC going to LOSE Kennedy's seat and not have 60 votes!

Bronko
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Martha's in a closet somewhere with a gag-ball in her mouth. The liberal machine has taken over the last few days trying to mobilize the troops while keeping her out of the spotlight.

All I envision is one of those movies when the local podunk police catch a huge national case. At some point the Feds come in and say 'We are in charge now' and they slap the locals on the bottom and send them on their way.

Just not sure the Bill Clinton, unions, campaign thugs and the geriatric vote can topple the groundswell that Brown has right now.

JohnnyD
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Thus why I don't listen to EEI any more. Is that still a sports station? 98.5 the SportsHub all the way.

Bronko
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
New Poll from Pajamamedia. Brown lead widens.

Roger L. Simon Massachusetts shocker: Brown Up 15% in Pajamas Media/CrossTarget Poll (http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2010/01/14/massachusetts-shocker-brown-up-15-in-pajamas-mediacrosstarget-poll/)

RIJIMMY
01-15-2010, 03:52 PM
looks like its official
President Obama plans to visit the state Sunday to campaign for Senate candidate Martha Coakley, according to two senior Democratic officials.

A third Democratic source said that the event with Obama would likely be held in the Boston area, either in the city itself, or in one of two communities where Coakley is scheduled to campaign, Quincy and Framingham.

JohnnyD
01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
looks like its official
President Obama plans to visit the state Sunday to campaign for Senate candidate Martha Coakley, according to two senior Democratic officials.

A third Democratic source said that the event with Obama would likely be held in the Boston area, either in the city itself, or in one of two communities where Coakley is scheduled to campaign, Quincy and Framingham.

Wonderful. Get ready for the city to shut down.

scottw
01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
looks like its official

Cambridge would be SWEET!!! :biglaugh:

quick decision
01-16-2010, 07:01 AM
I am going to vote for Brown. Cant wait to see the look on Coakleys face Wed. morning.

scottw
01-16-2010, 07:35 AM
President Obama plans to visit the state Sunday to campaign for Senate candidate Martha Coakley,

this guys figures out a way every weekend to avoid going to church...golf, trips to the gym, basketball...well, at least this weekend he can claim that he did go to MASS.....ACHUSETTES...

PRBuzz
01-16-2010, 12:27 PM
How low will MC go?

Former Red Sox ace Curt Schilling blasted Martha Coakley Saturday after the Massachusetts Democratic Senate hopeful told a Boston radio talk show host that Schilling, a Republican, is a Yankees fan.

This is a serious charge in "Red Sox Nation": Schilling is a part of baseball lore as the pitcher who battled through pain with a bloody ankle in 2004 to defeat the Yankees in Game Six of the American League Championship Series.

"I've been called a LOT of things," Schilling wrote on his blog at 1:06 a.m. ET. "But never, and I mean never, could anyone ever make the mistake of calling me a Yankee fan. Well, check that, if you didn't know what the hell is going on in your own state maybe you could…."

striperman36
01-16-2010, 02:37 PM
How low will MC go?

Former Red Sox ace Curt Schilling blasted Martha Coakley Saturday after the Massachusetts Democratic Senate hopeful told a Boston radio talk show host that Schilling, a Republican, is a Yankees fan.

This is a serious charge in "Red Sox Nation": Schilling is a part of baseball lore as the pitcher who battled through pain with a bloody ankle in 2004 to defeat the Yankees in Game Six of the American League Championship Series.

"I've been called a LOT of things," Schilling wrote on his blog at 1:06 a.m. ET. "But never, and I mean never, could anyone ever make the mistake of calling me a Yankee fan. Well, check that, if you didn't know what the hell is going on in your own state maybe you could…."

I guess she isn't a baseball fan. I bet she watches football to lookl at the guys butts