View Full Version : Report from Florida

piemma
01-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Fished the back country around Bonita Springs/So. Ft. Myers yesterday.

Slow but we got fish. 1/2 a dozen Jack Crevels in the 10# range and Snook only up to 6#. Very cold water even in the back country. Ave temp was 67 degrees. I got to drive an 19' Action Craft flats boat with a 225 Yami on a jack plate. Real nice boat to fish out of. Saw lots of Tarpon rolling in the 50 to 70# range but water was too cold for them to be aggressive.

I'll post pics when I get home as I left my camera to pc cable home

Slipknot
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
10 pound jack crevalles :btu: those fish are fun, reminded me of bluefish.

that boat must have flown with a 225 - wow

sounds like fun to me
better than what we're doing

Sea Dangles
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I have tarpon fished in that area and highly recommend it. Enjoy Paul...

spence
01-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Get a job. Contribute something to society...

-spence

quick decision
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
sounds like good times

Finaddict
01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Paul - great territory there, one of my favorite areas to fish ... the cold weather always makes it a bit tougher there ... have to wait out for a couple of warm days to kick the fish into action ... but sounds like you had fun ... a lot of the guides fish the lights at night for snook there ...

... also slightly north of Bonita Springs in the Sanibel - Pine Island/Charlotte Harbor area ... if you are still in the area and want to check out another captain, let me know ... happy to shoot names and numbers ...

Enjoy

Crafty Angler
01-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Yup, that whole Estero area is real fishy, Paul - too bad the water temps didn't rebound a little more for ya, though

A 19 footer with a deuce and a quarter....:shocked:

Sounds niiiice...:uhuh:

Oh yeah, BTW...:nopics:

piemma
01-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Paul - great territory there, one of my favorite areas to fish ... the cold weather always makes it a bit tougher there ... have to wait out for a couple of warm days to kick the fish into action ... but sounds like you had fun ... a lot of the guides fish the lights at night for snook there ...

... also slightly north of Bonita Springs in the Sanibel - Pine Island/Charlotte Harbor area ... if you are still in the area and want to check out another captain, let me know ... happy to shoot names and numbers ...

Enjoy
Finaddict
Absolutely would appreciate some names of other guides. The guys we used were good and we have no complaints but it's always wise to get some names of some others. I am leaving tomorrow but coming back next month and again in March.

piemma
01-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Yup, that whole Estero area is real fishy, Paul - too bad the water temps didn't rebound a little more for ya, though

A 19 footer with a deuce and a quarter....:shocked:

Sounds niiiice...:uhuh:

Oh yeah, BTW...:nopics:

I went wide open on the way back in and GPS said 48 knots. WOW!!!

JohnnyD
01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
This is painful. I'm in Miami for a week working and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get any time to fish.

Glad you're having a good trip. Can't wait to see the pics.

animal
01-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Good for you,bro.:)

MAKAI
01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
This is painful. I'm in Miami for a week working and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get any time to fish.

Glad you're having a good trip. Can't wait to see the pics.

Hey be careful on south beach, your too young to be there by yourself.

JoeBass
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds fantastic. Love that kind of fishing. Did some last Feb around Key West. Can't wait for pics.

JohnnyD
01-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey be careful on south beach, your too young to be there by yourself.

Client took me out to dinner down there last night. This city is a dump.