View Full Version : wood question?

SurfCaster413
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
hey guys i just started turning plugs last week and i love it. got some questions about wood though.what do you guys like to use and why? what kind of grade should it be? what should i use for a sealer? also whats a good air brush kit? Any advuse here would br awesome thanks

BigFish
01-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Do a search under wood....its all here!:uhuh:

Slipknot
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Another addict in the making:)
lots of info on that type stuff right here in the forum.

cedar is a good choice of wood

there is a thread right on the first page on sealers by rockfish9 BLO is boiled linseed oil btw

plenty of airbrush threads
Bearair has some peak airbrushes that are a decent value

good luck and post some pics of your stuff

BigFish
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Bruce preface your recommendation of the use of BLO with a warning about its danger in regards to spontaneous combustion......I don't want to see someone burn down the house! I will bump my warning thread....maybe make it a sticky Bruce?

Slipknot
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM
good bump
but I wasn't reccomending BLO, just pointing out that there happens to be a thread about sealers on page one.

I personally think there are many other safer products(read the labels) you can seal plugs with.

BigFish
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Sorry Bruce I just get chills when people recommend it with out letting folks know the dangers of it.:)

Tagger
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
What kind of wood ? That raises the question back at you ,, What kind of plug you building ?