View Full Version : Google Chrome browser

basswipe
01-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone else trying this out?

Fiddling with it under both Vista and Ubuntu.

Real fast under Vista compared to IE and faster than Firefox.Slightly quicker than FF in Ubuntu.

Bookmarks and search were a little tricky in both OS versions.The Youtube tutorials are a big help.

There's a "stable" version and a Beta for Windows.Beta only in Linux.Either way the Beta works better and has more options than the stable version and I've had no issues using it so far.

Definitely different but worth checking out.

striperman36
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
been a chrome guy for non-business apps for several years.

Stuck with Firefox for RH development and IE8 in 'compatibility' mode for Windows work.

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I've heard really good things. I think the only reason I haven't moved to it from Firefox is stubbornness.

MrHunters
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
tried it a while back. couldn't load a few sites i go to properly so stopped... maybe i'll revisit.

Pete_G
01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Installed on day 1 and never looked back.

Every once in a blue moon I have some page rendering issues but it was basically a non-issue for me.

basswipe
01-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Its been a week of full use and no real issues yet,but for now FF will remain my default browser.

JohnnyD
01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Any reason you're choosing FF over Chrome?

I feel like the only reason I haven't really tried Chrome is familiarity with the little nuances of FF and that I really like the Plug-ins I have.

striperman36
01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Chrome is the best browser, Obama uses it

basswipe
01-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I feel like the only reason I haven't really tried Chrome is familiarity with the little nuances of FF and that I really like the Plug-ins I have.

That's kinda why I'm still using FF.

MrHunters
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
plugins alone keep me with FF,

you can tweak firefox to exactly how you want your browsing experience to be.

Chrome may get there in time but Firefox is has been used across all platforms for quite some time which should make it the number one browser for website compatability. The only time Firefox doesn't act well is when I'm cruising around Microsoft sites (technet, windows updates, etc) this gets me mad at M$ not FF.

jimmy z
02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I use it. There are now some extensions for Chrome. That is something new, from what I can see.:)
BTW, IMO is is very fast!