View Full Version : Tactical Anglers Clips??

BigFish
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
How are these different from Break Aways??? They look practically the same??? Personally.....I would have put a closed eye on the tie end.....prevent those issues where the line slides to the opposite end and also to clue folks in on the correct end to tie to! Just my .02 cents! They look good.....I will try them!:uhuh:

quick decision
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
mabey crazy alberto will chime in

Tagger
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm good with breakaways .. have never had a problem so no need to look for better.. Quality drops off ... I have one open up .. I'm done ..but alls good here..

JamesJet
01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I saw these at Alberto's table at the show in Barrington a few weeks back. They have slightly pointed tips instead of round. The reason was that it focuses the pressure to the exact middle thus stopping a fish from applying pressure that could slide the hook up and off the clip. I have never had one fail but I could see how it would happen even with small fish, but only if the forces were just right. That said, I did not buy any clips as I have plenty of the breakaways. He also was showing some nice prints and hinted at some new personally branded gear down the road, clothing and lures.
He is a super friendly, helpful guy who is very enthusiastic and has caught a big fish or two. It was obvious he had corporate or presentation background as he was good at putting powerpoint slides together and how to speak to an audience.

gone fishin
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I am still shellshocked after buying some phoney breakaway clips that did fail! I will have to try these though. Al wouldn't back junk !!