View Full Version : I think I'll build a boat

Slipknot
02-21-2003, 07:51 PM
What do you guys think of this plan?
I have a 9.9 Honda that is doing nothing and would like to use it.
This won't get me to Cuttyhunk or anything but it should be fun for protected waters and ponds.

http://www.bateau.com/plans/power/GV11.php3

Got Stripers
02-21-2003, 08:34 PM
I think it would look really cool on the back of my boat and you can visit it any time you want seriously. I'll close my eyes for 10 minutes in the rubba room, no BM allowed to help you pilfer.

JohnR
02-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Think your wife will kill you with another hobby?

My wife might kill you for making me think of something else to do :D

Hw much more does the Honda 4 stroke weigh over a 2 ?

Fishpart
02-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Bruce, Looks good. I know a guy who built a similar boat to row out to his mooring, I think it is close to that size. If I remember he used all 1/4 and it is a little flexybut it works and it is easy to pull up the beach.

BTW, you won't live long with another hobby............

Slipknot
02-21-2003, 09:24 PM
It's ok, I'll just lay off plug making for a bit. As long as I do the home improvements she has in mind for me, then I'm golden to build a boat. It's none of her business anyway:smash: did I just say that?;)

The honda weighs about 116 lbs so it's quite a bit heavier. I'll glass both sides of the transom for sure. I think Danny would have a blast with this in the pond down the street.

Fishpart
02-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Now you got me thinking. I could build a smaller one I could carry to fish..........Honey it's for the kids!!!!!!

Dav
03-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Its alittle late to start building a boat this year . You might want to post " have motor will travel " or "trolling motor needs boat first mate included"