View Full Version : Prototype #3 modified masterlure jointed eel-small size

Back Beach
01-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Like its bigger cousin, this one uses an Atom 40 body turned down to 3/4". Its got a lefty 1 upper slot(I think that's what this is) and is armed with 1/0 VMC's. Overall the plug is a bit more stable at higher retireve speeds and travels about 1' below the surface.

Also made from birch, the length is about 7" and weight is 1.65 oz. No weight has been added.

ProfessorM
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
another lucky winner

Tagger
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
nice look Mike .. Last jointed I made swam like the hunch back of Notre Dame .. :wall:

Back Beach
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
nice look Mike .. Last jointed I made swam like the hunch back of Notre Dame .. :wall:

There's a lot of ways to modify this plug, such as adding lead to back end of the front section(Numby's tip), which levels the plug out in the water, or changing lips.

I tried for the inverted "V" on these plugs to facilitate a lot of action on a low speed retrieve. Guys who used to fish the back would tweak their giant pikies this way and would tell me to "Get the body joint out of the water and file the tail section down" so that's what I tried to do with these two prototypes.

Backbeach Jake
01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Man-o-man, no training wheels for you...straight to warp drive!! Bravo!:claps:

numbskull
01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Bet you ruin it with epoxy. :rude:

Back Beach
01-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Bet you ruin it with epoxy. :rude:

In case you missed my earlier responses, my eel bucket will be close by all season just in case...the plugs are just something to keep me busy this winter.:devil: