View Full Version : Rocket Grill

Saltheart
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I got one of the Rocket grills for a song just before Christmas. The thing is great,. Its got to be ranked right up there with the electric can opener and toaster as usefull appliance. I take 1/3 pound frozen hamburgers out of the freezer, they are rock hard frozen. I turn on the rocket grill , it takes about 2 minutes to warm up. Then I put two burgers in the bag and into the machine. 61/2 minutes later , the burger is cooked through completely. It has grill marks on both sides . I take the bag out , poour the juice/fat collected in the bottom into a can and put 2 more right into the same bag and cook two more for 61/2 minutes (the burgers are frozen 4 in a package). I take out the last two , pour out the fat again. You don't need to pour the fat out , I just was curios how much fat was melted and removed.

I eat two burgers and wrap the rest and into the fridge. a day or two later I zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds and have them hot.

The stuff that solidifies in the can has about a half inch of pure fat on the top. I use 86 % lean but even that low fat burger has some fat melted out of it. All that fat is gone instead of having the burger cooking in it.

Anyway , I liken the Rocket grill to be like a Meat Toatser. :) Now I got it for less than $20 brand new and no shipping charge. In fact I bought two at the time , one for my sister. She likes it cause she can do a boneless chicken breats right from frozen if she gets hoem from work late. Takes just a few minutes like the burgers.

Anyway , if you see one of these cheap , they are a nice appliance for a busy person.

Saltheart
01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh , I forgot on eof the best parts. When you are done you just through the bag away and that's it. No clean up at all. Nothing gets out of the bag while in the grill so the grill is perfectly clean , in fact I bet its sterile do to the high heat it sees.:)