View Full Version : Some bottle darters

JFigliuolo
01-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Fun build, swim slow, dart/swim at a faster retrieve. If anyone is interested, I did the eyes on a laser printer. I can bring sheets to plugfest. They have to be epoxied over or sealed somehow though as they are not laminated. Let me know.

I ripped off eastend Lu's color scheme on the darker one. (His still look better though).

Backbeach Jake
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Beautiful job, I have to try those for sure. That type of eye I do with nails. A large one dipped in yellow used like a stamp. The next day I do the pupil with a smaller nail. Makes them a little 3-D, too.

Swimmer
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Very nice.

WoodyCT
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Those are great!

:drool:

ProfessorM
01-30-2010, 06:11 PM
very nice job, paint is very clean. I like the yellow one and the last one too, heck really like the first one too.

I was wondering if anyone did a smaller size of these plugs. I have a few of Lu's and was thinking a smaller version would be really nice but have never seen one.

Tagger
01-30-2010, 06:36 PM
looks like a predator head on those ... I gotta try that ,,. You ever try that water transfer paper for making decals ? very nice work ..

angler229
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Very nice design.

numbskull
01-30-2010, 10:18 PM
So cool.

eastendlu
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Fun build, swim slow, dart/swim at a faster retrieve. If anyone is interested, I did the eyes on a laser printer. I can bring sheets to plugfest. They have to be epoxied over or sealed somehow though as they are not laminated. Let me know.

I ripped off eastend Lu's color scheme on the darker one. (His still look better though).

They look great Joe !!!!

very nice job, paint is very clean. I like the yellow one and the last one too, heck really like the first one too.

I was wondering if anyone did a smaller size of these plugs. I have a few of Lu's and was thinking a smaller version would be really nice but have never seen one.

I made some smaller ones (protos)but did not like their action.They all darted like small darters and i wanted the dart and swim action.I have to revisit them as i think i have it figured out but we are talking plugbuiling here and most likely i will have to have many failures before i find a winner.:wall:

saltydog
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM
thoes are BEUTIFUL, thats one plug I cant hand carve, cant get the SHAPE :smash: if you do bring some eyes Ill gladly pay you for a few. :uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

BILLC
01-31-2010, 08:40 AM

Really love them, they just look fishy!:uhuh:

BILLC
01-31-2010, 08:43 AM

Lu gave me a blank back in Sept. Took me a couple of months staring at it before I felt confident to try one. I made this one for largemouths and it swims better than I had hoped. Will be doing some more experimenting. Thanks Lu!!

JFigliuolo
02-01-2010, 08:24 AM
thoes are BEUTIFUL, thats one plug I cant hand carve, cant get the SHAPE :smash: if you do bring some eyes Ill gladly pay you for a few. :uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

I'll bring some sheets. not looking for any money though. Just trying to help anyone who could use them.

JFigliuolo
02-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Beautiful job, I have to try those for sure. That type of eye I do with nails. A large one dipped in yellow used like a stamp. The next day I do the pupil with a smaller nail. Makes them a little 3-D, too.

I like that look. My hands are definitely NOT surgeon quality. The plugs would end up looking like Picaso had painted them!

Rockfish9
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I like those alot.. all around great job!