View Full Version : PlugFest?? Anyone??

BigFish
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
So who is going to be there?? Lets start getting fired up for it!:uhuh: I will be displaying some of my own plugs as well as some of my meager collection! I would love to know who is going to display some of their work or some of their collection and what that might include?? Less than 3 weeks now to go and not much chatter....its time!:buds:

JFigliuolo
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
So who is going to be there?? Lets start getting fired up for it!:uhuh: I will be displaying some of my own plugs as well as some of my meager collection! I would love to know who is going to display some of their work or some of their collection and what that might include?? Less than 3 weeks now to go and not much chatter....its time!:buds:

So far I'm in. bringing my ws2000 so folks can see it in use (bring your dull lathe tools) Also some A-40's, Pikies and some miscellaneous stuff for swappage if anyone is interested.

The Dad Fisherman
02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm planning on being there.....got some swappage plugs in the Primer coat right now.

Hoping to start my contest plug tonight...

vineyardblues
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Larry, how big is the new location ?
I can always bring some Vintage plugs if needed :rotf2:
I hope to bring the pickles again :grins:

VB

Finatic
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I'll be there with some swap stuff.

BigFish
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I think its pretty big Peter but Bruce can tell you better! Bring the vintage goods Peter......we would all love to see them!!

Slipknot
02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
A lot bigger than last year

It's not as large as the Elks in Wareham but not as much money either.

Bigger than the Mitchell club we used to have it at in Middleboro.

Come early enough to get a table if you are displaying stuff. Starts at 9

should be a great time as usual

I'll bring some stuff for the raffle to help support Flaptails' family along with my duplicator.
If it doesn't rain I may bring my lathe again. And I hope to have some plugs made by then.

Rockfish9
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll be there.... I'll have bottles, darters, pikies in 4 sizes, surfsters in 3, goo-goo's in 3 sizes, Danny's in 3 sizes,40's in 2 sizes, assorted jointeds as well as Misc. plugs ( all made by me) ranginng fro Cap'n Bill's swimmers to a few Nike's..
for a display I have one about half finished on various methods of attaching hooks and pull eyes to a plug/ or rigging of said plug as it were... this will include in some cases plugs i made and "Taggerized[cut in half]" for the display... I may bring along a few of my jigs/fixtures if there is interest...

eskimo
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm syked. It truly speeds up winter for me.

Don't know what I'll bring but I'll bring some stuff.

angler229
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
I'll be there with a bunch of my stuff for trade and show. If I get really motivated I'll set up a shadowbox with some of my vintage plugs for display.

johnny ducketts
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm in! and bringing a new member of S-B.

WackinEm
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
i plan on trying to make it down. carpool with VB perhaps? im excited to see some of you guys' stuff maybe gain some knowledge, and i may even enter the best rookie/novice contest, although since ive only had a lathe for 2 months and only had about 2 weeks to build so far, novice is an understatement :confused:

smac
02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I'll be there with some stuff to swap.

saltydog
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
ILL be there EARLY if you need help. bringing SWAP plugs, an contest plugs. an the TROUT for LARRY to FONDEL:rotf2: an the bottles joe shaped for me. now painted. an my BIG RAT hope I can get a TAIL from mike for it. an a couple of plugs BENNY RAW painte for me. an the BIG FOILED one. an a BIG empty BAG for HOE-ING PLUGS.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

new jack
02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
hope i can make it. trying to get work off

pbadad
02-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll be there. Will be a small group from the CT Surfcasters.

pbadad
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
So far I'm in. bringing my ws2000 so folks can see it in use (bring your dull lathe tools) Also some A-40's, Pikies and some miscellaneous stuff for swappage if anyone is interested.

I could bring a couple skews to be sharpened if you would like to demo the sharpening process.

JFigliuolo
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I could bring a couple skews to be sharpened if you would like to demo the sharpening process.

Excellent. That would be great.

Dad 818
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Still debating whether I can make it. Knee is still not 100% so I have been unable to turn anything to swap, :fury: and I don't like hoeing without having anything to give in return. Maybe I'll break out my Halloween hobo outfit.

EricW
02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I'll be there. Bringing my two displays of old plugs and maybe some other old time goodies. This includes mostly goo goos, but also Gibbs, Atom, Bluestreaks and a bunch of stuff I have no idea about. Have been able to cross a few off the list of un-identified plugs thanks to some people at plugfest.
If anyone is up to it, I would love to see thru drilling on the lathe.

Lower
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Larry, how big is the new location ?
I can always bring some Vintage plugs if needed :rotf2:
VB

You have vinage plugs? :rotf2: Maybe I'll have to stop by sometime.:buds:

Looking forward to plugfest. I'll be there. I'm bringing some plugs. Trying to finish them before I head down to Texas to shoot some pigs.

jeffthechef
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I'll be there. Will be a small group from the CT Surfcasters.

i'm with him!!!.......bringing some chow and some wood, maybe even swap one or two of my bamboozler swimmers (if anyone has any pity for a new guy!) BTW, real stupid question.....where the hell is it this year?!

VTBasser
02-04-2010, 12:25 AM
...where the hell is it this year?!

See the sticky at the top of the forum: Plugfest 10 Feb. 20th 2010.

I will be there if Mother Nature does not throw a weather wammy at me. Bringing some swappage, a contest entry or two, a raffle donation, and a jig I use a lot.