View Full Version : Help Honor A Friends Memory

BigFish
02-01-2010, 05:13 PM
This years PlugFest is fast approaching and though it has always been an enjoyable and festive day, and will be again this year, however we will all be missing our very dear friend Steve Shiraka......"Flaptail" to us at S-B.:( Steve was always so deeply involved in our yearly PlugFest event.....he loved and enjoyed it so much and really put himself into the day by bringing his many wonderful plugs and especially his famed "Gibbs First" plug which we have all enjoyed seeing each year. We will all be missing his kielbasa dish which was a yearly favorite and fueled many a ride home!:rotf2: This year we would like to honor Steve's memory at the 10th PlugFest event by dedicating it in his honor and towards that end as was mentioned many are building their Flaptail plugs for the "Flaptail Competition"! We are hoping folks who enter their Flaptail plugs would like to donate them to a raffle we will be putting together later in the day with the proceeds being forwarded to Steve's wife Deb and his daughters Lauren and Cara as a way of letting them know that we at S-B are missing Steve and remembering him fondly on this day. We would like to ask any interested builders coming to PlugFest to help honor Steve by each donating one of their own creations for the raffle. Please bring your donation to BigFish and I will display them for all to see during the event and at the end we will include them in the closing raffle. Please attach a tag to the donated plug with your name on it so the winner will know who built it!:) Thanks in advance folks for your generosity in helping us honor our friend "Flaptail".

angler229
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll be happy to donate one or two. To be honest though, it won't be my contest plug as it is the only plug I build every year that I plan to hang onto and not fish.

BigFish
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Thats ok Dan! Folks can keep their contest plugs if they choose! Any plug would be appreciated!:)

smac
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I will be bring a couple plugs for the auction. I didnt know the man, but after reading his posts/articles I wish I did.

new jack
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
definatly gonna be making a flaptail of the sorts for the donation. I might have to work that day, but I will find a way to get it there!:uhuh:

Tagger
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
definatly gonna be making a flaptail of the sorts for the donation. I might have to work that day, but I will find a way to get it there!:uhuh:

You get stuck I'll come over and pick it up Little Bull .

new jack
02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
You get stuck I'll come over and pick it up Little Bull .

thanks ed. I really want to try and make it and pay my respects in person. I will let you know.

pbadad
02-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Larry, I'll be bringing a special Mackeral remake of a GTS-3 w/ flapper for the raffle to be donated. I also have a few others for the contest and "gifts". Thanks for spearheading this.

BigFish
02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks PB....its a group effort! We are a team!:)

saltydog
02-03-2010, 05:35 AM
I never did a classic,will be my FIRST, but will give you my best representation of one,to acution off, if any one wants it:smash:

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
02-03-2010, 06:32 AM
I'll have something for the Raffle Table for you Larry......just wouldn't seem right NOT throwing something on the table. Already missing his tales of days gone by that he would post on here

BIG TIM
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I too, would be glad to donate to the raffle... I'll bring one or 2 'creations'. Thanks Larry, this is a most kool thing to do.

Tagger
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
you can raffle my Flap entry offf..

Backbeach Jake
02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I've made a plug specifically suggested by Flap.He told me that a Cape Cod plug made from a Cape Cod tree would be a neat thing. I cut the wood for it myself and dried it. I turned it from a cedar in my front yard in Truro. A Conrad made for Race Point. It'll be raffled to benefit Steve's family. A pic is in an earlier post in this thread.

BigFish
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I will be keeping my Flaptail as I have no dupes! I will however be donating a bunch of plugs for the Raffle!

BigFish
02-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Just a reminder to bring your plugs for the Flaptail donation/raffle......bring them to me when you arrive and I will be displaying them and the raffle will go off later in the day!

Thanks guys!:)

Slipknot
02-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Steve was certainly missed today :(
but he was remembered

Tagger
02-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Steve was certainly missed today :(
but he was remembered

Yes he was ... As good as Plugfest was this year I missed Flap with his boards of Old plugs and his knowledge of each one .. We need more old stuff next year ,, I got some old stuff ,.Flaps knowledge I don't.. Flap will always be remembered ..

BigFish
02-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Steve was always "holding court" at PlugFest and I was usually hanging on every word! So knowledgeable! Steve was always first on my list to see and talk to! His absence was felt today and will always be felt at PlugFest....he was so much a part of it! As I said to Slip the guy left a big wake!:uhuh: He would have been so proud of it all today!:)