View Full Version : Superbowl halftime...depressing

dannyplug1
02-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I dont know about you guys but the half time at the super bowl was depressing. Cant believe how old the Who looked. Pete Townsend wasent even playing most of the time and the bandana under his hat it was embarrising. And Rodger Daltry couldnt hit the high notes without his voice breaking. I dont know about you guys but Boy am I old.

Nebe
02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
AARP Wasteland
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

dannyplug1
02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Though he was going to fall down on the stage. Next tour they will be riding rascal carts and using walkers.

Backbeach Jake
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Will appreciate it more when YOUR contemporarys hit the stage at 60. The lads did just fine.

MarshCappa
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't know but I thought the performance was ok. Maybe it was me just wanting them to be better and my love for their music that made me think they sounded better than they actually did.

fishbones
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I had very low expectations, so I thought they were ok. The stage and lights were cool, Daltrey's voice was better than expected and they played decent songs. I'm not a Who fan, but for me it was better than watching that old fart Springsteen try to act like he was he was a 25 year old kid. One thing I could have done without was being subjected to Townsends belly button several times.

dannyplug1
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I didnt mean to demean the who. They are one of my favorites quadraphenia and whos next are in my top ten of albums. I am 53 and its a shock to see the icons of your youth get old. Dont mean to put the who down!