View Full Version : lo-budget spinner

jeffthechef
02-10-2010, 07:19 AM
being new and contributing nothing yet, this may be a first! i have been getting epoxy-horses (where muscles in thumb tighten up) from holding my plugs as i hold and spin with my hand! today i have 25 plugs to do and i came up with this myself (although i am sure many do the same thing) to relieve the pain. it is a bench top spinner. you need, a swivel wired to an eye hook mounted on one end. the other end of swivel connects, via wire, to plug eye. to the tail end of plug is a stiff coat hanger wire, connected to a decent sized pair of vice grips which hangs off the edge of bench. as you epoxy you re-adjust where the vice grips hang. next step is to the drying box! if this even helps one person, i finally contributed something here besides questions!:biglaugh:

BIG TIM
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Nice! I like that Jeff!

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I am sure we are all doing something similar. I was doing some epoxy before dinner, here's my setup.

I basically have an old rectangular storage box similar to a milk crate that I cut away the front and back with a coping saw. On each end I have small bungy cords and I just hook the plug up at each end.

On the front of the plug I have a short piece of scrap wire, which allows me to unhook the plug from the cord without getting my hands in the epoxy. I also use it to flip the plug...

Diggin Jiggin
02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
The nice thing about this setup is you can slowly spin the plug with one hand while you epoxy it so you keep a wet edge. It also makes it easy if you want to sprinkle some glitter.

Then I just unhook the front cord, add another wire hook to the other end and hang it up and flip a few times till the epoxy stops running.

jeffthechef
02-12-2010, 06:06 AM
i like that better than my rig. spinning the bungee is a lot smoother, thanks! got plenty o' milk crates too!
jeff

wrikerjr
02-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Jeff,

Pretty fancy. I simply apply the epoxy to the plug and get it all over my pants and then were those pants to any function my wife asks me to attend that i don't want to attend so she doesn't ask me to go anymore. Its one of the little perks of plug building.

Billy