View Full Version : Wally World-Family Vacation!

MarshCappa
02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm off to the magic kingdom on Sunday and we are staying 5 nights at the Boardwalk Resort Hotel right in the heart of Disney World! My Mother In law set us up with airfare and accomodations. She's 70 and in great health and lives off a trust fund and her thinking was if she dosn't get her family together now while she can still run around and enjoy them the clock would be working against her. We could never afford to do this the way we are if it wasn't for her. We'll be with my wifes siblings and their families and we all have our own suites! I have 2 rounds of golf booked for next Tuesday and Thursday and a 2 hour family fishing excursion on Wednesday! I haven't been to Wally World since I was 17 so I'm kind of looking forward to it. My kids are 13 and 5 and the 5 year old is a first timer so I'm sure he's going to be psyched when he see's it all. If you guys and girls have any tips about the place please feel free to give me the skinny. This will be the first time we have flown as a family and I'm glad it's a direct flight from Prov! Wish me luck and I'll try and take some funny pics along the way and share later.

The Dad Fisherman
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
When we took the kids a few years ago we didn't tell them we were going....just woke them up early in the morning and all the bags were packed, we got a ride to the airport and went....stilll din't tell them until we drove through the gate.

We stayed at the boardwalk too....very nice place, you'll have a blast.

If you get a chance go to Charlie's Steakhouse for a steak....best steak I ever had

Raven
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
wear your most comfortable walking shoes....

i got back one day and had to plunge my poor ankle
and foot into a cooler of melted ice water
....i was on fire (pain) from all the walking

but if you look very very carefully at the schedule's

you can match up a boat ride across the pond
or a tram ride ...some kind of transportation ride
with the start time of an "EVENT" your going too

so that....as you get off transportation your on time
or as you get out of an event
your catching transpo to another event on time
thus minimizing your walking and energy usage

fishbones
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
You're gonna have a blast. My wife and I took our 5 year son back in November and had a great time. RIJimmy gave me some great tips that I'll share with you.
Get the Fast Pass for the really popular and new rides. It'll save you a ton of time and waiting in line if the parks are crowded. Also, check which parks have extended hours on certain days for people who are staying on Disney property. It's much less crowded during the extended hours. Also, if you want to see the parade or fireworks at Magic kingdom, stake out your spot early. Most importantly, be ready to do a lot of walking.

Out of curiosity, which courses are you playing?

MarshCappa
02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Great tips guys! Thanks! I'm playing the Magnolia and Osprey Ridge.

fish4striper
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
sweet, have a blast! Havent been in years....bring a freshwater rod, all the ponds in Disney have big bass!

fishbones
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Great tips guys! Thanks! I'm playing the Magnolia and Osprey Ridge.

I played Magnolia and Lake Buena Vista 6 years ago. Magnolia is probably the best course I've ever played. They do a real nice job on the courses down there.

Slingah
02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
That is awesome Cappa...I love all those parks, have been to all multiple times.
The only advice I have is wear good shoes and enjoy yourself.
Have-a-BLAST!!!!!!!!:uhuh:

Clammer
02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
MC

have a great time /bring money

I went last week with my kids & grandkids /figured it might be the last chance to do so .

we also stayed @ the broadwalk ;;;sweet

the large, kids pool is closed & being worked on . so they let you use the adult pool . we went there for a couple of hours & you could tell little kids weren,t wanted ;;

yes fast pass

it was below average weather ..which was great for me ......................... BUT no T & A ... actually not even many shorts.............. F#$%^&*() people has long pants, jackets , hoods , gloves , scarfs ,. funny as hell .

but the plus was / because of the cool weather & one day drizzley ......... the parks were not even close to crowded ..some rides & things had no wait at all .

also right about the fireworks & parade @ disney land .. mark ya spot & carry a club,

the only thing that bothered me was ........ the other times I,ve been there / it could get crowded & there was some organized /orderly pushing to move into a place . this time there were many more just plain crude & rude people .
My son said last year they went with part of his wifes family / & they went there to see the halloween parade & fireworks ................ he said it came VERY close to [take to the alley] ;;

best time to go to downtown disney is a weekday /1st thing in the morning ........... mostly everyone one else is at one of the parks .. don,t go on a Friday /Saturday night .
people that get in mid saturday or are leaving Sunday .. go then ... add that to the weekend club crowd .which are tourest & locals & its a cluster F $%^&*();

If ya h:jump1ave young kids ya have to reserve breakfeast with the disney characters . its in huge hotel directly across from the broadwalk / just take the boat over :jump1::jump1::jump1:

HAVE A GREAT TIME ><><><<>< E N J O Y :fishin:

justplugit
02-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Been awhile, but don't miss Sea World.
Have a GREAT TIME. :)

MarshCappa
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, thanks Clam and everyone else. This helps alot. Weather looks like it's going to be in the mid to high 60s maybe 70. I hope to see some shorty shorts and a little T&A would be nice but hey it's a family trip!:rotf2:

Clammer
02-11-2010, 11:37 PM
to make you feel even better ;

I had excellent conditions tonight / & myself & everyone else I saw got the skunk ///not even a bump ><><><

spinncognito
02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
One must do ride experience- In Epcot go on "Soarin'" Get the fast pass as it is quite popular. You will not be disappointed.

ProfessorM
02-12-2010, 08:16 PM
have a fun safe trip. I did it a couple years ago with my 7 year old and had a blast, but once was enough for me.

Clammer
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
MC

YA GOTTA GO & TRY THE FUNNEL CAKES ;;

THEY SETUP RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR HOTEL 5PM TIL 11 ;

AWESOME W/WHITE & BROWN FLOWER SUGAR ............................... ALMOST AS GOOD AS SEX ..........BUT YA HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FUNNEL CAKES //$6 EACH ... GET A DOZEN <><<><:drool::drool: