View Full Version : I'm not too shy to beg. Time again for the SRSA Kiddie Trout Tournamnent plug auction

Sudsy
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
(post pre-approved by the mods :kewl: )

It's almost that time of year again. Spring is coming and that means Trout Season.
The annual "Jeff Morris" Kids's Trout Tournament sponsored by the Shark River Surf Anglers will be held in Spring Lake NJ on Saturday, April 10th 2010 from 8 A:M to 1:30 P:M.

The Shark River Surf Anglers (SRSA) will stock Spring Lake with more than 500 trout from 14" to 31" That's right, some of these trout will top 10 pounds. Three years ago we stocked and a lucky angler caught, what is now the state record Tiger Trout. These fish are in addition to the stocking done by the State.

The contest is free to all with no registration required. For the past few years every child attending has gone home with a new rod and reel and a tackle box or goody bag full of lures, line, hooks, pliers.............. . The contest is broken up into boys and girls of different age groups to level out the field. The winners of each division will win a nice trophy and some top quality prizes like custom rods and reels. The overall largest fish will also be mounted by a local taxidermist.

Food, drinks, and bait will be provided free of charge and members of the SRSA will be on hand to assist kids with knot tying, hook baiting and fish handling (and line untangling).

Last year, even in the pouring rain, we had hundreds of participants and if the weather in nice we expect to easily top 1000 this year!

This event is the one club members most look forward to every year. It's the center piece of what our club does and stands for and is something we take great pride in. It is a wonderful opportunity to get kids involved in the sport we all love so much. It's a real pleasure to look around the lake and see nothing but smiling kids everywhere!

All of which brings me to why we need your help.
This a very worthwhile event, but we can't do it alone. The cost of putting this on runs into many, many thousands of dollars. We solicit as much corporate sponsorship as we can get, but we still run short of cash, especially in this economy with corporate donations becoming increasingly difficult to come by.

As in years past, All the plug builders in the SRSA like myself, Sparky, Digger, Chumbucket, Anchorman, Sudsrat, ArneP, Scottie Lex, Charlie K.............. will be donating custom plugs for an online auction over on SOL. Last year, the proceeds from the online auction were critical to our success. There's no question that this will be true even more so this year. The proceeds will go directly to buy trout to stock for the contest. If you would like to help us help the kids, please let me know if you can donate a plug or 2 for the cause. SRSA and the kids can use all the help we can get.

As in years past Digger will be handling the online auction.
Donations should be sent to Digger
Pm either of us for the address.

He's the guy who started this years ago and who still is Da MAN when it comes to making this all happen
This year, for the first time, I'm acting as his professional begger
(He's the organ grinder, I'm just the monkey with a cup on the end of the leash)

With great appreciation......
Sudsy

Rockfish9
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow.. been awhile since I've seen ya here Suds.. I think I can find a few extra for the yung-uns..

Sudsy
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I read the forum all the time, best plug building spot on the net.
Don't know why I don't post more often :huh: . I guess I should.

Sudsy
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow, this place is hopping
Post ran down 4 pages in no time flat :eek5:

BILLC
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Sudsy, I'll be bringing a pencil with me next week for the fling. If I get them done I should have an extra Pikie too.

Sudsy
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Awesome, you can give em to either Digger or I. :)