View Full Version : Patrick Kennedy calls it quits

Saltheart
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Its all over the news , he's not running for reelection to congress.

Love him or hate him , he brought federal money to RI based on seniority and his family name. Nobody in RI can bring that kind of clout to the office. I wonder whats behind it?

RIJIMMY
02-12-2010, 06:08 AM
isnt he a drunk?

buckman
02-12-2010, 06:33 AM
I think Obama is going to have him replace Biden.

PRBuzz
02-12-2010, 06:45 AM
I think I heard that Ayla Brown is going to run for that seat.....

Dick Durand
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall, even though on record he's saying the decision was made long before the latest polls.

stcroixman
02-12-2010, 08:07 AM
several long time Dem's in house and senate are not running to save face. I am sure many of those that do seek reelection will feel the voters anti Obama wrath and lose as well.

Obama is too arrogant to see what is going on.

Fly Rod
02-12-2010, 09:31 AM
They will probably put this drug infested, alcoholic, mentally disturb vermin in charge of a high security position. What has he done for the state of Rhode Island? OOPS!! I know, the highest unemployment in the northeast.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Duke41
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
A gay, drunk, self entitled idiot. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Swimmer
02-12-2010, 09:54 AM
R.I. received those federal funds because of daddy, not Patches. He'll start one more Kennedy family not-for-profit business. Call Patches for oil in R.I.

Fishpart
02-12-2010, 10:15 AM
If these guys really cared about jobs in RI the Stryker would be built using the core competencies at General Dynamics at Quonset not at their factory in VA..... If our SERVANTS were serving us instead of themselves our employment picture would look much different right now.

JohnnyD
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
A gay, drunk, self entitled idiot. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Yeah, gotta make sure to keep those queers out of political office.:hs:

RI has always been a state of dissidents.

Mike P
02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Even his staunchest supporters--like my sister--concede that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer :doh: :hs:

Joe
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Saw him on the news a couple of weeks ago - his hands were shaking so bad I thought he was in a Monday-morning methadone line.

buckman
02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
He should have never had a high proile public battle over abortion with his Bishop.

He can always get into the profitable oil business with his Uncle Joe.

Duke41
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Forget gay, Drunk idiot will suffice...my bad

buckman
02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Forget gay, Drunk idiot will suffice...my bad

No worries, JD just gets a bit sensitive about this:rotf2:

spence
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Not a fan of Kennedy, nor did I ever vote for him (I do live in his district).

I do think he's a bit of a jerk, and not that bright, but I wouldn't make fun of his addiction issues. That's just weak...

-spence

Duke41
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM

RIJIMMY
02-12-2010, 04:43 PM
wow ! the unrest among the libs has spread to the political forum!!!

JohnnyD
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
No worries, JD just gets a bit sensitive about this:rotf2:

I do spend a lot of time in the P-Town area during the fishing season. :love:

Duke41
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Spence for a surf guy you do a lot of trolling. Patches is a drunk and a loser, I dont care if you had a "moment with him". Yeah I heard all about it.

fishbones
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM

I do think he's a bit of a jerk, and not that bright, but I wouldn't make fun of his addiction issues. That's just weak...

-spence

I'm with Spence here. There are plenty of other reasons to make fun of him. How about the time a few years ago when he was quoted as saying "I've never worked a f-ing day in my life". Or how about the time he was accused of roughing up the female security guard at the airport. I think his money got him out of that little mess. Or the time down in Palm Beach with his dad and cousin Will. That was a real doozy.

basswipe
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
No!!!This sucks!!!

He's gonna spend more time hiding in Portsmouth!All those nice folks down at Farmlands are gonna have to deal with him fulltime.And they didn't want him to begin with!

The only happy people will be the two hags at Greenvale Vineyards.

I'll make fun of his addiction issues because he's had the time and money on the taxpayers to take care of it and he just won't take care of it.This guy is a loser.Bye Patrick...please leave RI as we don't want or need you.

basswipe
02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Spence for a surf guy you do a lot of trolling. Patches is a drunk and a loser, I dont care if you had a "moment with him". Yeah I heard all about it.

Actually I had a moment with this dousch bag as well.

During a blizzard several years ago I was driving up the main road in the community he lives in just trying to get home.I get to the top of the road and run into Patrick and his driver.What I see is a very drunk Patrick in the passenger seat of a Crown Vic and his driver who I now call Cowboy.Cowboy made it a point that I see his revolver and I'm "asked" to move my truck and back down the driveway(1/4 mile) so that Patrick can get home!

Patrick Kennedy is a F*****G loser all the way around.

spence
02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Wow, it's like I can't tell your wife anything anymore.

-spence

Saltheart
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
There is only one reason to justify keeping him in office. That is the seniority and clout he has from us keeping him in for the last 15 years. Like it or not , that's the way the club works in Washington. I'm not a big fan of his but I'm practical. RI gets more back than they put in with him on the job.

As far as him being a drunk etc , I thought that was a job requirement for a congressman! :)

Sometimes they sit out a cycle and then come back. I do believe they retain their seniority position relative to committees even if there is a break in their service.

I do not think he was afraid of not getting elected. Its one thing for a previous kennedy seat to be lost do to a dummy who screws up like in MA. Its another thing to actually beat one who is running. He might have had a bad showing in an election but to me that means he only gets 65% of the votes.

Anyway , it will be entertaining to see what he does next.

Duke41
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah she got out of the anal bleaching business.

spence
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah she got out of the anal bleaching business.

Oh, that's not what she called it :hihi:

-spence

Fly Rod
02-12-2010, 09:37 PM

-spence

Spence! We are not making fun of him, he is what he is, a druggie an alcoholic.

So what you are saying is that we should forgive a pedophile or a rapist and let him serve in public office

fishbones
02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
There is only one reason to justify keeping him in office. That is the seniority and clout he has from us keeping him in for the last 15 years. Like it or not , that's the way the club works in Washington. I'm not a big fan of his but I'm practical. RI gets more back than they put in with him on the job.

As far as him being a drunk etc , I thought that was a job requirement for a congressman! :)

Sometimes they sit out a cycle and then come back. I do believe they retain their seniority position relative to committees even if there is a break in their service.

I do not think he was afraid of not getting elected. Its one thing for a previous kennedy seat to be lost do to a dummy who screws up like in MA. Its another thing to actually beat one who is running. He might have had a bad showing in an election but to me that means he only gets 65% of the votes.

Anyway , it will be entertaining to see what he does next.

No matter what Kennedy has done, RI is in a terrible financial mess. The state ran out of money for unemployment a few weeks ago and had to ask for a loan from the Federal Government. Property taxes are outrageous and the conditions of public roads are horrendous. Not to mention that businesses are leaving RI at an alarming rate because it's very expensive and difficult to operate here.

As for Patches winning an election, he probably wouldn't right now. Recently there was a poll that showed 56% of the people wouldn't vote for him if he ran again. I'd wager that's why he's stepping aside at his age.

Duke41
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Going after and insulting my wife and insuating she is a whore. Now that is weak Spence. But I exepected from a no class piece of %$%$%$%$ like you.

JohnnyD
02-13-2010, 01:00 AM
several long time Dem's in house and senate are not running to save face. I am sure many of those that do seek reelection will feel the voters anti Obama wrath and lose as well.

Obama is too arrogant to see what is going on.

There are a lot of Republicans jumping ship too. I don't think this is completely like the last elections when a lot of people voted Dem because they were pissed at Bush. A recent report by FoxNews (yeah, believe it or not) was discussing how incumbents from both parties are in trouble. And if Fox is saying that the Repubs are in rough water, then the situation must be dire.... or they're just trying to rally people.

And here's a report from CNN about how many are leaving from each party. So far 13 Dems and 18 from the GOP.

spence
02-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Going after and insulting my wife and insuating she is a whore. Now that is weak Spence. But I exepected from a no class piece of %$%$%$%$ like you.

How could I have insinuated anything, I didn't even know you were married :bshake:

And you think I'm a troll :rolleyes:

-spence

spence
02-13-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm with Spence here. There are plenty of other reasons to make fun of him. How about the time a few years ago when he was quoted as saying "I've never worked a f-ing day in my life". Or how about the time he was accused of roughing up the female security guard at the airport. I think his money got him out of that little mess. Or the time down in Palm Beach with his dad and cousin Will. That was a real doozy.
Glad we can agree on something :cheers:

I think the incident at the airport was his crowning duchebag moment.

-spence

Joe
02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm certain the reason he got into politics was to eventually get elected to the same senate seat his father held. Had he been halfway respectable he could have walked into the senate. I think the realization that he's essentially failed himself, his family, the democratic party, and what remained of the Kennedy legacy made continuing pointless.

spence
02-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm certain the reason he got into politics was to eventually get elected to the same senate seat his father held. Had he been halfway respectable he could have walked into the senate. I think the realization that he's essentially failed himself, his family, the democratic party, and what remained of the Kennedy legacy made continuing pointless.
All true, but also Patrick Kennedy knew the GOP would try to attack his seat with another Brown type candidate. Given he's weak at best on his own, and without his father standing behind him, I think he simply feared loosing.

-spence

buckman
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
They are dropping like fly's.
If you are a current congressman or senator you will be voted out. Quit now and save your war chest. You people work for us. YOUR FIRED

TommyTuna
02-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Spence, you really ought to look into running for the vacant seat Patrick is leaving. You would do well and it would put to the test your demonstrated skill in spin and pontification.

I come here once in a while to read your posts and get a good chuckle, you spin/squirm more than an eel impaled on an 8/0 hook with 2x the slime factor.

TT

spence
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Spence, you really ought to look into running for the vacant seat Patrick is leaving. You would do well and it would put to the test your demonstrated skill in spin and pontification.
I would but the chances of a real Independent candidate being successful is very slim.

That being said, I did get a nice brown barn jacket the other week which is very "Brown" like. I just need to borrow Buck's truck...

I come here once in a while to read your posts and get a good chuckle, you spin/squirm more than an eel impaled on an 8/0 hook with 2x the slime factor.
That my good friend is an interpretive dance.

-spence

buckman
02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I would but the chances of a real Independent candidate being successful is very slim.

That being said, I did get a nice brown barn jacket the other week which is very "Brown" like. I just need to borrow Buck's truck...

That my good friend is an interpretive dance.

-spence

It's yours. Do you want that with or without the NRA sticker? 276,000 on it. Your a shoe-in

Joe
02-14-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm trying to think of something to characterize Spence with, but its hard now that "piece of shi_" and "squirmy eel" have been taken.

spence
02-14-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm trying to think of something to characterize Spence with, but its hard now that "piece of shi_" and "squirmy eel" have been taken.
Put on the positive spin Joe, I'm sounding more and more like a real politician any day :jump1:

Buck, leave the sticker on. When people ask about it I can talk about the time my buddy and I were shooting a guy's WW2 vintage 9mm Mauser at an unofficial range back in the day.

It'll send the Palin crowd into a tizzy...

-spence

detbuch
02-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Put on the positive spin Joe, I'm sounding more and more like a real politician any day :jump1:

Buck, leave the sticker on. When people ask about it I can talk about the time my buddy and I were shooting a guy's WW2 vintage 9mm Mauser at an unofficial range back in the day.

-spence

Careful, now, Spence--you don't want to lose that centrist cachet. Getting too close to any side of the aisle could be a loser in current politics. Just be you. It'll be a landslide.

buckman
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM

-spence

Why are you people so against women? You hold her to a different standard then the current VP. I think it's time we play the sexist card:)

Swimmer
02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Finally a mid-winter tiff, so long overdo.

spence
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Careful, now, Spence--you don't want to lose that centrist cache. Getting too close to any side of the aisle could be a loser in current politics. Just be you. It'll be a landslide.
True, but I'm going to need a lot of funding, and I lost Lyndon Larouchs's number when I got my new cellphone ::grins:

-spence

spence
02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Why are you people so against women?
Isn't that where you want to be, against a woman :devil: :hihi:

It is valentines day after all.

-spence

JohnnyD
02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Why are you people so against women? You hold her to a different standard then the current VP. I think it's time we play the sexist card:)

Careful. Some folks in here get very pissy when you use terms like "you people".

The Dad Fisherman
02-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I think it's time we play the sexist card:)

Too Late....that was trumped by the "Ditzy" card

justplugit
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Finally a mid-winter tiff, so long overdo.

How about those Knicks.:D

buckman
02-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Too Late....that was trumped by the "Ditzy" card

Another woman hater. I bet your pro life too:rotf2:

Duke41
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
I am bored. Spence you still suck.

spence
02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I am bored. Spence you still suck.
Can't get that image of me (really my avatar) and Patrick Kennedy locked in a romantic pretzel out of your head can you? :buds:

-spence