You got that right.

Slingah
02-14-2010, 09:13 AM
try a little Gold Bond :uhuh:........YOWZAAAAAH!!!:devil2:

Pete_G
02-14-2010, 09:33 AM
The chef, Gary, is a fisherman.

Those bad boys are his handiwork.

Fully capable of crippling usually tolerant of hot food loving people.

FishnGrega
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
try a little Gold Bond :uhuh:........YOWZAAAAAH!!!:devil2:

Love that stuff!

FishnGrega
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
baby wipes work wonders

stcroixman
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
those baby wipes literally saved my butt from my SB chili the day after.

basswipe
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Ended up finding some Tucks in the drawer.Why or how they got there I don't know or care.They were just there!

spence
02-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Wing story...

We showed up late to a company party at Fishbones in Greektown in Detroit. There was no room at the big table, so they sat us to the side. One of the founders sent over a plate of the hottest app they had on the menu which was the wings.

They were good, and not that terribly hot, which ticked the waitress off.

So she took our wings away.

And brought back hotter wings.

These were REALLY hot, and I can eat pretty hot food.

The downside was I could only eat one.

The upside was that she gave us free Red Stripe for the rest of the night :buds:

-spence

basswipe
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Wing story...

We showed up late to a company party at Fishbones in Greektown in Detroit. There was no room at the big table, so they sat us to the side. One of the founders sent over a plate of the hottest app they had on the menu which was the wings.

The upside was that she gave us free Red Stripe for the rest of the night :buds:

-spence

The crazy thing is that these are not that hot going down.I was surprised why they were so hot coming out!

I no longer miss living in San Antonio.I used to hit a few joints down there that served $H!t that could kill you.

FishnGrega
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Wing story...

-spence

That's awesome! things we do for free beer lol

BrianS
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Wendells.
Dares...

nom..

Sea Dangles
02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
The chef, Gary, is a fisherman.

Those bad boys are his handiwork.

Fully capable of crippling usually tolerant of hot food loving people.

Not ALL hot food lovers Pete. I'll put my brother against anyone in that category. Hab learned the hard way

At Wendells he gets a double order of the double dare wings. They're not even on the menu.

FishermanTim
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Didn't we learn anything as children about eating the wrong thing, or too much of a good thing?
Did you ever eat too many green apples, or strawberries, or any "cleansing" fruits like plums and complain when you paid for it later on?
Sure, eating "hot" wings sounds great, but at what price?
I love habenero pepper in cheese, in chili, even powered and sprinkled on eggs for breakfast (try that one....yummmmm), but I know that if I overindulge, I will have to "pay the piper".

Now if you want some warranted grumpage, how about ordering chili and getting the equivilent of "sloppy joe"?
You order a 3-5 alarm chili and get a false alarm chili.

Now that's my kind of grumpage.

afterhours
02-18-2010, 07:37 AM
so that's where the term flaming arsehull comes from..

RIROCKHOUND
02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm with FT.

Never got the 'hottest I can stomach' mentality...

I like some spice, but if it makes your eyes bleed... I'll pass.. even for free Red Stripe Jeffy

RIJIMMY
02-18-2010, 09:02 AM
wimps

FishermanTim
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Keep in mind that I do like hot and spicy foods.
I also know that certain foods come with an intestinal risk.
(You find that out when you eat spicy curry for the first time.)

I am fond of curry dishes. I like chili, buffalo wings, jalepeno peppers in any form, and I know that I will pay a price for these foods, but I love them all the same. The key is to enjoy the food and savor the flavor. I love the pungent smokiness of the habenero, the desceptively mellow aroma of curry, the tart hint of sweetness of the jalepeno and the tangy sharpness of buffalo sauces.

To complain about the hotness of ANYTHING with habenero peppers in it is like complaining that you got too drunk from drinking tequila shots.

Let's not forget the spicy that dishes either......."HMMMMMM kung pao chicken.....George LOVES his spicy chicken" - George Kastansa
of Seinfeld

RIJIMMY
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I used to go to some Pakistani and Indian restaurants while living in California, I was the only white guy there. these places where filled with smoke from the ovens, I swear you'd get lung cancer if you where in there for more than an hour, well they had food that was so feakn hot my eyes would sweat. the next day it was like poopin a christmas tree, trunk first, and the needles had been dipped in lemon juice.
It was worth it though....