View Full Version : Ron Powers Front Page

luds
02-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I think someone really wants Bigfish to take another vacation. There have been alot of comments about the OTW author on this site in the past and not nice ones for the most part. I just think it's noteworthy the he is featured on the front page. Funny stuff. I guess spot burning is truly not an issue now. :)

BigFish
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Front page of what?? I like Ron! Met and fished with him last spring...good guy! Why would I need another vacation??

luds
02-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Front page of what?? I like Ron! Met and fished with him last spring...good guy! Why would I need another vacation??

Front page of http://striped-bass.com/striper-fishing/. You don't every leave the site so I wouldn't expect you to notice. :-)

I must be mistaken Larry. I just remember him not getting too much love on here a few years back. I don't really have an opinion either way but it struck me as funny. I could have swore it was you who used to refer to him as Ron "Spot Burning" Powers but since you don't remember it must have been someone else.

BigFish
02-16-2010, 06:17 PM
No it was me on a couple of occasions Mike......but that was then and this is now. I have come to realize its a big ocean and I got lots of spots!:) Ron is good people and I enjoy his articles! In fact he will be at the Plum Island show in a couple weeks and I am looking forward to hearing his seminar!:uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=BigFish;747962] I like Ron!

:love:
Welcome back big guy :grins:

BigFish
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Ooops! Just saw your link......that is gonna be a fun day! You guys should all go....its a fantastic show, great food, great people and a great time! Yes...BigFish Bait Co. will be there!:spam::uhuh:

BigFish
02-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh Ronnie! I love you!:love:

Pt.JudeJoe
02-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Ooops! Just saw your link......that is gonna be a fun day! You guys should all go....its a fantastic show, great food, great people and a great time! Yes...BigFish Bait Co. will be there!:spam::uhuh:

I will be there too Larry.:uhuh: Always a good way to start the ball rolling for the new season. I'll have lots o' striper bling for your favorite striper's grill -silver and gold. I'm gonna have tube and worm tubes at the shows this year as well.

BigFish
02-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Thats great Joe! Look forward to seeing you! Jeff coming too??!:)

jbuck
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Larry,

I should be there as well.
Looking forward to it.

Jeff

robc22
02-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Never met ron but I enjoy his writing.......good job ron!!!

JohnR
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Sometimes it's tough, local club looking for some extra exposure so I put it up on the front page. Just trying to help...

nightfighter
02-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Also tough that it is same day as TFCTFN...... Those are two events I look forward to, but the round trips in different directions on the same day.....

BigFish
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
It has happened I think 3 of the last 4 years? By the time I get home after getting up at 5:00am and driving to Newburyport and being there all day and driving home I am drooling all over myself tired so I just can't make it to TFCTFN!:yawn:=:sleeps: :huh:

Nebe
02-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh Ronnie! I love you!:love:

couldn't resist :hihi:

http://www.slangcity.com/realenglish/glbt/nice_catch2.jpg

reebok
02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Count me as a fan of Ron Powers. I think he's a good writer and his articles have turned me onto a few cool things.

It would be great to see him give a seminar.

luds
02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Sometimes it's tough, local club looking for some extra exposure so I put it up on the front page. Just trying to help...

I don't see a problem with it at all. Especially considering we have very active members here that are in the PI surfcasters. Just got a chuckle out of it. Most of the stuff we get fired up about isn't worth it unless we're talking conservation or access. I probably slung some mud his way too. After all I was young and impressionable. :) I think I threw rocks at Steve too and I think that guy is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Live and learn.

JohnR
02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't see a problem with it at all. Especially considering we have very active members here that are in the PI surfcasters. Just got a chuckle out of it. Most of the stuff we get fired up about isn't worth it unless we're talking conservation or access. I probably slung some mud his way too. After all I was young and impressionable. :) I think I threw rocks at Steve too and I think that guy is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Live and learn.

Well said :btu:

I know I've rethought a few things over the years!