View Full Version : plugfest..report

capesams
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
The bar keeps going higher...alot of very nice stuff being made now a days....food was wonderfull..plenty of room to move[in some spots]....U machine makin guys suck with your home made toys...:drool:...good to see clamma again as well as others you only get to see once a year....ONLY thing missing was Salty and all his goodies...was hoping to pick-up somemore stuff cause his hardware is the best being made anywhere...Txs for putting on another good show folks.

PS.. for those guys that drove over 8 hours to get there..god bless ya...safe ride home.

Ted..u make awesome plugs...txs.

Karl F
02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
question for you Judge...
Your Honor, did you present Canalman with yet another award this year??

:D

capesams
02-20-2010, 04:02 PM
not me...I'm a firm beleiver in win one year step down the next...spread the chear around...saw sum rookie plugs that blew me away....more talent out there now you can shake a stick at.

johnny ducketts
02-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree, some pissa stuff on display, wish I could have stayed longer but the little guy needed to eat and stuff like that.

numbskull
02-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Hoooooooooooooolllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy Mackerel. That was one great day. Thanks to everyone. Made the winter.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/Quissett/plugfest10.jpg

Hookedagain
02-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Well being a Plug Fest Virgin, I was very impressed with all the stuff on display. I was a bit intimidated at first but after talking to a few of you guys I felt pretty comfortable asking my "DUMB" questions. Amazingly, some of you even traded for some of my plugs. The amount of sharing info and willingness to help is very encouraging to a new builder, and allowing my son to help pull raffle tickets was cool as well (he didn't stop talking about it all the way back to Somerset).
I can see how this can become obsesive....hope to see you all again at TCTFN.

angler229
02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
What a day, and boy did it go fast. Some unbelievable stuff on display, and the talent across the board is unreal.

new jack
02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
First off a big thank you goes out the guys who put it together.

plugfest was awesome. I can not believe the caliber of work out there. just amazing. Thanks to all the builders who donated to the raffle table. I won a sweet plug donated by angler 229. Thanks to numbskull for the darter.

I had a blast.:uhuh::rotf2:

mikecc
02-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Had a great time, Lots of new people. Hope everyone walked away with a little more info and tips this year. It was a little crazy for a while and I could not spend as much time with each of you as I would have liked . I am laways willing to share info all you have to do is ask.

CS
90% of the same exact product
Stimpson is Stimpson
VMC is VMC
WTP is WTP
they are the same quality

Biteme
02-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Incredible talent, and like Stevie said it gets better every year. Thanks to all who put it together. Thanks to George and Chris for the plugs and to Bruce for the "Chip", not to many of these around......

mag minnow
02-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I think this took the an award in the category for best Children's Book...

BigFish
02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Had a blast today! I agree the level of talent in that room was insane! I was walking around with my jaw on the ground! You guys all have alot to be proud of!:uhuh: Great talking with all the folks I got to spend time with and sorry I missed a few! Food was great, company was fantastic and I agree the day just flew by......but they say "time does fly when you are having fun"....and it did because we were!:buds: Kudos to all who participated and made the day a huge success! :)

Canalman was conspicuously absent and missed! We missed you Dave!

Gremlin
02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Who had the Plastic molded stencils? Used for Mack pattern and bunker?

Trying to find out where to buy some of that plastic.

Great job to all. Outstanding work.

Thanks, Jamie

Tagger
02-20-2010, 07:03 PM
:fishin:

ProfessorM
02-20-2010, 07:06 PM
fun was had by all. Thanks organizers and tons of food. Nice talking and meeting everyone. Lots of fantastic talent. Great seeing all the long commuters too, drive safe guys.

johnny ducketts
02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Gremlin I don't know who had the stencil but i imagine you could make them with that plastic packaging that covers everything you buy now a days. I think you could form it with a heat gun.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Tagger
02-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I saw Trolls there ..

BigFish
02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Rockfish9 had the stencils!:uhuh:

Tagger
02-20-2010, 07:12 PM
lots of plugs

Gremlin
02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Gremlin I don't know who had the stencil but i imagine you could make them with that plastic packaging that covers everything you buy now a days. I think you could form it with a heat gun.

That's what they used and did form it with heat. Just trying to find out where you can purchase some.

Thanks for the response.

Jamie

Gremlin
02-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Rockfish9 had the stencils!:uhuh:

Thanks Larry. Nice to meet you today. See you at the RI show.

Jamie

seabuggy
02-20-2010, 07:32 PM
This was my first Plugfest. It turned out to be much more than I thought it would be. The talent in that room was great. The willingness to share their talent was greater. I learned a lot, met some nice guys, filled my belly, and bought some plug making supplies. This was the best ten bucks I ever spent. Thanks to all the organizers, cooks, and anyone else that worked to put this plugfest on.

mikecc
02-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Who had the Plastic molded stencils? Used for Mack pattern and bunker?

Trying to find out where to buy some of that plastic.

Great job to all. Outstanding work.

Thanks, Jamie

I had the stencils along with the drill jigs. If your around Wareham, stop by the shop and I'll give you some of the material.
Other than that some guys use plastic milk bottles or Clam Pack Material and shape it with a heat gun.

BigFish
02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Didn't know you had it Mike! Ya learn sumthin' new everyday! That stuff is cool.....now I know where to get some!:)

Tagger
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks all .. Proffessor ,,, fist better than original ..

eurojett
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Lots of good stuff to see in here....PlugFest.... sounds like a great time was had by All.

reebok
02-20-2010, 08:11 PM
I had a great time - it was my first one. Thanks JohnR and team. And thanks John for the raffle ticket. I realized later I shouldn't have gotten one - I didn't bring food. Nice guy John, he gave me one anyway. I'm glad I didn't win!

stifftip, thanks for the loading demo. Your jabs about the other plugs were fun. Who needs air brushes when you have sharpies!

The Dad Fisherman
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
As always a Great time.....enjoyed meeting some new people and touching base with the others. That Flaptail category had to be the toughest one to pick, they were ALL Spectacular looking.

Thanx to all who were involved in making this happen.

Walked out with some seriously nice pluggage too.......

Lower
02-20-2010, 08:24 PM
What a great day. Big thanks to all that put it together. It was great catching with all the old faces and really nice meeting some new ones. CS is right...the bar is so high. I just can't get over the talent. Unreal. Thanks to all those that swapped plugs. Always fun having a new load of plugs in the spring to pull from. 2 more months...

Finatic
02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks to all. I second everything that was said. I had a great time and appreciate all of the work that went into the organizing the event. I do have to say that whoever made the fish chowda.......WOW!!!!:jump1::jump1: Incredable!!
Thanks again John and crew.

Gremlin
02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I had the stencils along with the drill jigs. If your around Wareham, stop by the shop and I'll give you some of the material.
Other than that some guys use plastic milk bottles or Clam Pack Material and shape it with a heat gun.

Mikecc,

Thanks for the offer. I will make a trip up there. Great drill jigs as well. As I'm just starting to tinker it makes things go a little smoother with tips like this.

Nice to meet you today.

Jamie

Finatic
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Some of todays photos38370

Finatic
02-20-2010, 09:31 PM
and, some more......

Some photographs were deleted to protect the innocent.:fishin:

eskimo
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Simply awesome. To much to take in but I did my best.

To any and all flaptail recreators, they all looked too good.

Striperknight
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Had a blast today. Saw some great pluggage and had a lot of laughs.

gone fishin
02-20-2010, 10:54 PM
All I can say is WOW! Plugs are better than ever, I cannot believe how the builders have improved with paint and finish! Thanks to John and Slip Best ever !!!

Slipknot
02-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Where did the day go? time flies when you're having fun for sure.
I got to meet a few more obsessed plug builders today. Sorry I didn't have time to meet more of you. Didn't even have time to spend , to much going on and to do. I didn't get to demo the epoxy spinner I brought, Thanks dad818 for bringing the devcon, sorry I didn't get to use it, maybe next year.
I think everyone is getting better and better at this hobby every year. Capesams is right about the rookie plugs, amazing stuff. And all the others, what a tough choice to vote for them.
I got some cool plugs today and can't wait to swim them(well maybe not rockfish9's flaptail :) ). Next year I will try to have more stuff to trade, seems every year I can't find the time to build plugs.
We missed canalman, and I didn't get to meet Dave Peros but maybe we'll meet out there on the water someday.:fishin:

mfm22
02-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow !! I was on overload for most of the day. Great event ,fantastic plugage at every turn and the nicest bunch of guys I've ever met.
Many thanks to all that took time to chat and share .It was worth the trip

Tagger
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
You guys that came from so far away are hardcore .. Good job Clean up crew ,. I loaded the dumpster ..

gone fishin
02-20-2010, 11:56 PM
plugfest 2010

gone fishin
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
more plugfest 2010

gone fishin
02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
plugfest - 2010

gone fishin
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
plugfest--2010

the greek
02-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Just want to say thanks to all involved for hosting such a great event. Just got back in and would turn around and drive back if there was more tomorrow. As has been said some incredible stuff being built and it just keeps getting better and more inspireing every year. Being able to just talk "shop" with some of the guys that have forgot more than I know is worth the trip alone. The different jigs by everyone that had them there were fantastic. Didn't get to meet everyone I wanted to again but there is so much going on that you can't see and do everything you want. Steve thank you for the flaptail and I will get that masturelure back in the mail to you ASAP. And thanks to the Rhody crew for the hospitality. Great bunch of people as usual.

Ted

BILLC
02-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Just getting in and I am pooped. Thanks to everyone who put this event together and all who I got to talk to today and even some I didn't. Last years fest got the juices flowing for me and this event has to be an annual thing for me. I enjoy it too much. Absolutely some awesome work there and love just getting a chance to see and swap with you guys. Congrats to all the winners in the categories and to Chumbucket for winning his own plug.:grins:

I'm just babbling now, good night.

sks
02-21-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm glad I made it down. I got to meet a few new guys and see some, like somebody said, you only see once a year. Thanks to the Greek for really going into some detail on some of his little tricks. Really nice of you to take the time with everything going on. To all who put it together, Great job. It really does seem like it is getting bigger every year. See ya next year. Scott

Back Beach
02-21-2010, 07:15 AM
More pics for those not able to attend...:wavey: one of these years I'll be there, I promise. Looks like a great time.

Slipknot
02-21-2010, 08:05 AM
More pics for those not able to attend...:wavey: one of these years I'll be there, I promise. Looks like a great time.

Mike, nice job on your plugs.:drool: One guess who won your jointed eel plug :)

that's right - George :D:rotf2: he was all smiles:grins:
I even won the needle, Thanks again.

I'd have pics but when I went to use it there was no memory card:wall:
I hope someone got some shots of the contest plugs.

Backbeach Jake
02-21-2010, 08:13 AM
:http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachments/plug-building-got-wood/38389d1266728731-plugfest-report-pf12.jpg

Now there's yer Kodak Moment right there...

Slipknot
02-21-2010, 08:21 AM
:jump::gh::biglaugh: Awesome!

PNG
02-21-2010, 08:29 AM
The superbowl of plug building...:kewl:

Great to see old friends and meet new cant wait till next year.

Slipknot
02-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention.
If we had a category for most likely to catch a fish one the first cast, it would have been hands down the BIG STICK by saltydog :grins::rotf2: talk about cheating. :btu:

numbskull
02-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Somewhere eels are rejoicing. But it doesn't appear it will get any easier for the bass.

One of Back Beach's very first........

Backbeach Jake
02-21-2010, 08:59 AM
pix

Rockfish9
02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Time flies and I have no voice left... we decided to come home instead of staying the night.. compared to some, we live around the corner... Nancy enjoyed her first plugfest and is allready talking about next year.. thanks to all who made this happen.. it is the super bowl of plug building.. but the people make it it fun....

Dad 818
02-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Great time. Bruce, every year you have less and less time to look at stuff!

George, Thanks for the lip slot tip and the purple needle. :drool: It will be fished.

Joe, excellent display of rigging plugs. Mind blowing display you have there.

Larry, nice pluggage as usual.

JohnR, thanks for running the contest and this place. Helps the winter doldrums and is the best out there.

MikeCC, love those painting molds you had and the jigs for drilling everything centered.

Stewie it was nice talking to you outside.

You guys all did Steve proud! :cheers:

chrisjoe13
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Plugfest is awesome. Yesterday was my first but definitely not my last! I am amazed that such an event actually exists. Everyone's generosity (with knowledge) is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

VTBasser
02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Worth ever second of the drive from and back to Vermont! Great time talking to everyone and putting faces with handles (Yea for the name tags!).

Here is my booty haul from trading and what I was trading and the trick it was designed to do - stand on the belly of the tail hook in water with a specific gravity of 1.025.

VTBasser
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Contest winners: Rookie, Best of Show, Novelty.

VTBasser
02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Contest winner: Best Flaptail and Classic.

VTBasser
02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Secrets of RockFish9 and Slip gets loaded.

outnumbered
02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Great time once again, Rockfish one of the most passionate guys I have ever met abotu plug building and willing to offer all he can to help anyone beter themselves at this addiction. Greek thanks for all the time sitting down and explaining all your techniques. Slip and the rest thanks again for organizing this. My Grandson spent all night saying "fish, fish".

VTBasser
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Contest table and the big Flaptail.

jeffthechef
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
nice job yesterday with everything. thanks! learned a lot by looking and asking questions too. a great group of craftsmen and characters make up one geat day! being new at this i can only tell you i left inspired and determined. been turning all morning! (paul, tip works fine). Big D, thanks for the "trade" that awesomely crafteed lipless swimmer will see some usage this year, at a little spot called montauk i love to fish, i can promise you that! hey, any of you guys i donated plugs too, you better swim'em or burn'em, cuz' they ain't pretty enough to hang on the wall, you got your own for that. here's to next year! thanks everyone.
jeff

ProfessorM
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
great. nice meeting you and thanks for slaving in the kitchen and thank you for the plug

togue
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
All I can say is AWESOME!!!

Great to see so many folks as obsessed with fishing and plug building as I am, an all around good time, and it is a nice opportunity to talk with old friends and new. I always learn something new, and get fired up for the spring run!

Many thanks to BigFish, Slipknot, and all the rest of you who keep making PlugFest a high water mark on the off-season.

pbadad
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Wow what a day. I was pooped out when I got home. I guess it didn't help missing the 195 exit and almost didn't realize between all the bs'ing about Plugfest to Jeffthe chef we were almost in Lowell. A 1 3/4 hr "detour". What a nice and informative day. Great talking plugs and trading. Nice tip from Mike @ M&D. microwaving epoxy and submerging brush first in epoxy to dissperse bubbles. Thanks to John R, Slip, Larry, Mike & family and all the others behind the scenes that made this a great day.

capesams
02-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Had a great time, Lots of new people. Hope everyone walked away with a little more info and tips this year. It was a little crazy for a while and I could not spend as much time with each of you as I would have liked . I am laways willing to share info all you have to do is ask.

CS
90% of the same exact product
Stimpson is Stimpson
VMC is VMC
WTP is WTP
they are the same quality

Mike..your correct in the fact that wire is wire..grommets are grommets....but when I talk about hardware as in lips..no one around can compete with ones made by salty's lure co..keeping personal feelings out of this..and personalities all around...I look for quality first ,price second...no matter who's making or selling, somethings there are just no substitute for if your looking for the best available when your putting all the time into making an item you want to be proud of...I hold no loytaly to anyone place when it comes to spending my money...whoever has what I"M looking for at the time will share in my hard earned wages.
Yes..I missed not having his hardware at the fest...and wonder why he wasn't present along with the other sponcers of sb to sell their wares to plug builders at such a gathering as this one held yesterday.

Karl F
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachments/plug-building-got-wood/38423d1266773162-plugfest-report-slipgetsloaded-855-x-642-.jpg

i can't quite see behind the diet coke can..
but... was clammer giving rolling lessons there Bruce??

;)

gotta agree with CS, ya can't beat Salty's lips, first rate.

mikecc
02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
CS that is your opinion. We sell 1,000s of lips a week and have no complaints. I have further invested $$ in vibatory tumbler & media over the past few weeks to buff the edges cleaner and for the luster of the metal. There is always room to get better whether it's adding additional Products or just helping people learn a few new tips.

As far as Salty not coming, I was surprised when he was not there also.
You will have to check with the powers that be, why he was not, it's none of my business & I'm staying out of that.

BigFish
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
The powers that be were not contacted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& in regards to his coming. He most certainly would have been welcome as always.

JohnR
02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
THe powers that be, didn't contact Mike or Scott or NJ (who hasn't replied to a few emails). I'm working round the clock and doing the best I can. If anyone wants to work for free or below minimum wage (what this pays when I have enough nuts to really look at it) let me know and I might just be happy to offload stuff.

I don't do this because I have to but because I want to. I'm sure Slip could have worked on 100 other things he wanted to do or really gone around and spend more time with everyone. Instead, he busted his buttocks trying to put together a good event.

Now I would like to see this conversation move back to what it was, a great event. No sponsor on sponsor crime, insults, or he said she said. Move it back to talking plugs.

Thankyouverrymuch :love:

mag minnow
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who put together Plugfest yesterday. It was my first, but I hope not my last. I had the Olympus working OT taking pics. Awesome stuff to be seen anywhere you looked. I ended up with this plug in the raffle and didn't recognize the builder's name from this site. Is the builder here on S-B?

capesams
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Just want to say thanks to all involved for hosting such a great event. Just got back in and would turn around and drive back if there was more tomorrow. As has been said some incredible stuff being built and it just keeps getting better and more inspireing every year. Being able to just talk "shop" with some of the guys that have forgot more than I know is worth the trip alone. The different jigs by everyone that had them there were fantastic. Didn't get to meet everyone I wanted to again but there is so much going on that you can't see and do everything you want. Steve thank you for the flaptail and I will get that masturelure back in the mail to you ASAP. And thanks to the Rhody crew for the hospitality. Great bunch of people as usual.

Ted

Ted..if you get to read this..hang onto the masterlure....no need to return it....save your stamps..enjoy...fish it.

ProfessorM
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
that needle is made by Jim, Biteme, the poor guy with the plug whore following him around, Mr. quick fingers, Ernie.

Tagger
02-21-2010, 08:22 PM
nice talking to Joe ,, good board you have with all the plugs bandsawed and differant methods of hanging hooks is well shown .. Picture tells 1000 words and it was all there ..

ecduzitgood
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Had an awesome time, good food and good people great pluggage, what more could you ask for. A Big thanks to all involved! And a special thanks to chumbucket after winning his own plug in the raffle; and then put it right back in:thanks:....too nice!

pbadad
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks to Joe Figliuolo for sharpening my skews and giving me a tutorial on the correct way to "skew".

saltydog
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
just getting in.first chance
to post, it's been said an it all true, it just
keeps getting BETTER ,BETTER, new builders an new plugs, an FANTASTIC paint jobs, I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, just not enought time, but THANK YOU ALL an see you next season, for MORE GREAT PLUG'S:drool::drool: heres my one an only pic, I a chance to take.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

stripermaineiac
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi all , Just got home a bit ago. Well when somethings good it's good. Plugfest just keeps gettin better every year. Thanks much to those of you that put so much work into puttin it all together.To all the builders damn but some of you sure do some great work.Thanks for the chance to swap with you. Hope my plugs work as good for you as they do for me. Ron

WackinEm
02-22-2010, 12:25 AM
that was my first plugfest and wont be my last. i had a great time, and next year ill be sure to have plenty of plugs to swap and i'll have to step my game up since i cant enter the rookie category again. thanks to prof m for the awesome pencil my father got in the raffle, and big d for the spook and john r for giving me the spook since nobody claimed it. thanks to everyone who put the whole event together. nice to finally put faces to names, sks, tagger, rockfish9, and nice to catch up with a few people i hadnt seen since last season. thanks again john r and slip

Big D
02-22-2010, 05:18 AM
First off, want to thank John and all the people involved with set up !!! Had a great time. Its unbelievable the honesty and willingness to share. You made me feel like a member and hope the contribute more. I meet alot of great people, great food, unbelievable talent. I will look forward to the next, with the same excitement as spring and my first fish. Thank-you !!!!

The Dad Fisherman
02-22-2010, 06:03 AM
thanks to....john r for giving me the spook since nobody claimed it.

No, Thank You....everybody there just makes plugs....

Rockfish9
02-22-2010, 06:15 AM
nice talking to Joe ,, good board you have with all the plugs bandsawed and differant methods of hanging hooks is well shown .. Picture tells 1000 words and it was all there ..

Wish we got a chance to talk a little more... things just happen too fast.... I made up that board so those that are new to the "sport" get an idea of what some of the pioneers of plug building came up with... I hope I conveyed to all that saw that display that NONE of those methods were my invention.. they were from the hard work and inovation of the men that came before (most of) us... it was a tribute of sorts.. something that I plan on adding to each year..

JohnR
02-22-2010, 07:47 AM
that was my first plugfest and wont be my last. i had a great time, and next year ill be sure to have plenty of plugs to swap and i'll have to step my game up since i cant enter the rookie category again. thanks to prof m for the awesome pencil my father got in the raffle, and big d for the spook and john r for giving me the spook since nobody claimed it. thanks to everyone who put the whole event together. nice to finally put faces to names, sks, tagger, rockfish9, and nice to catch up with a few people i hadnt seen since last season. thanks again john r and slip

That Rookie plug you made was fantastic, really. There were a lot of people stating this may be the best rookie class ever.

As for the plug, I was looking for an opportunity to get you one ;) Hell, I could have given you half of them but I did not want my son seeing a bunch of plug goons pig piling his father :morons:

No, Thank You....everybody there just makes plugs....

Precisely

ProfessorM
02-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Wish we got a chance to talk a little more... things just happen too fast.... I made up that board so those that are new to the "sport" get an idea of what some of the pioneers of plug building came up with... I hope I conveyed to all that saw that display that NONE of those methods were my invention.. they were from the hard work and inovation of the men that came before (most of) us... it was a tribute of sorts.. something that I plan on adding to each year..

glad i got a chance to go up to Joe's this winter and spend the day with him, a mini plugfest, not talking about our height larry, as all I got to do at plugfest was say hi. Wish work went by that fast.

bennyraw
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Damn I'm jealous. Hopefully next year.

Rockfish9
02-22-2010, 09:28 AM
glad i got a chance to go up to Joe's this winter and spend the day with him, a mini plugfest, not talking about our height larry, as all I got to do at plugfest was say hi. Wish work went by that fast.

Maybe before i wrap up the season, a few of us can get together again for a mini ( not our height Larry!) day of plug talk in my shop...

and your right.. wish work went by that fast...

Young Salt
02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry I missed out again this year :wall:

Back Beach
02-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Somewhere eels are rejoicing. But it doesn't appear it will get any easier for the bass.

One of Back Beach's very first........

Just double check and make sure the swivels are attached if you decide to fish with it....

fishaholic18
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Wow..looks like another great Plugfest...Nice work guys..I miss these events..

ProfessorM
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
hey dave at least you are warm.

fishaholic18
02-22-2010, 10:22 AM
hey dave at least you are warm.

yeah..it's finally warming up..we had a record cold winter..felt a little too much like home past month or so..

Lower
02-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Sorry I missed out again this year :wall:

Sorry you couldn't make it Dave. I was looking around for you...always like snagging your plugs!

numbskull
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
that needle is made by Jim, Biteme, the poor guy with the plug whore following him around, Mr. quick fingers, Ernie.

:rotf2: That Ernie is slick.

johnny ducketts
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
but he's good.., my 14 month old son was around him for 5 secs and got his first spook body, he was so excited after his first ho.. he promptly passed out. :)

ProfessorM
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
i got it on film. will post later

Lower
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Your son's learning from the best. I didn't even see it coming! Freakin Ernie has at least one of every sytle plug I make!

Charleston
02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Damn I'm jealous. Hopefully next year.

I think a car pool from NJ would be the way to do it. I know of atleast 6 maybe 7 NJ guys that went.

the greek
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I think a car pool from NJ would be the way to do it. I know of atleast 6 maybe 7 NJ guys that went.

Bill you are welcome to hitch a ride with me whenever you want.

ThrowingTimber
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
:uhuh:had a great time thanks everyone

eastendlu
02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Well back home now and i have to say a very big thank you to John and Bruce & sons and everyone else involved in throwing this great event Well Done!!!!! Talk about a time warp hours turn into minutes at this gathering.It was great to see you all and to meet some of the new builders.A big thanks to Rockfish9's wife for all that she was doing behind the scenes as she was helping everywhere you looked.Joe you are a lucky guy!!!:uhuh: To the Jersey crew glad you guys came up and hope to be visiting your area soon.Thanks again for making this Yankees fan always feel welcome you all are the best!!!!

BigFish
02-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Nobody mentioned there was a Yankees fan in our midst? :hihi: Who was in charge of "PlugLand" security?? :smash:

Great seeing you Lou! We can excuse your shortcomings......at least for one day!:rotf2:

Rockfish9
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Well back home now and i have to say a very big thank you to John and Bruce & sons and everyone else involved in throwing this great event Well Done!!!!! Talk about a time warp hours turn into minutes at this gathering.It was great to see you all and to meet some of the new builders.A big thanks to Rockfish9's wife for all that she was doing behind the scenes as she was helping everywhere you looked.Joe you are a lucky guy!!!:uhuh: To the Jersey crew glad you guys came up and hope to be visiting your area soon.Thanks again for making this Yankees fan always feel welcome you all are the best!!!!

thanks Lou.. the woman is a machine... last summer the two of us painted the entire house in two days, I had to put a new roof on the screen porch... she humped bundles of shingles up the ladder as fast as I could lay them down....... when We put in the new post and rail fence, she dug as many or more holes ( through the shale and rocks) as I did.... she gets up every morning at 4:30 and goes to the gym.. and embarrases most women half her age!... I am indeed very lucky...

BILLC
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
thanks Lou.. the woman is a machine... last summer the two of us painted the entire house in two days, I had to put a new roof on the screen porch... she humped bundles of shingles up the ladder as fast as I could lay them down....... when We put in the new post and rail fence, she dug as many or more holes ( through the shale and rocks) as I did.... she gets up every morning at 4:30 and goes to the gym.. and embarrases most women half her age!... I am indeed very lucky...

Now we know who is really making all those plugs!:grins: