View Full Version : I have a question

Slipknot
11-30-2000, 10:02 PM
I wonder if Saltheart would consider (and John) doing an Ask Saltheart Forum??? You seem to have a wealth of knowledge about tackle,rods etc.

I don't mean to take away from Ask #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, he seems to deal with cows and eels but Saltheart is up on tackle and so forth. I see #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& made an appearance today, great, It is important to spend time with our families and keep up with the honey-do lists.

Should we have a vote? But no recounts!

slipknot

JohnR
12-01-2000, 09:09 AM
Whaddaya think Saltheart?? I've been wanting to talk to you about being a moderator/administrator as well... Everyone knows that you are a standup guy and we all respect your integrity...

Besides, you can certainly be considered the social events director for this site. While I was late for OctoberFish, Saltheart had to round up the troops and get the show going (I was moving into my house that day) and tell me where to meet everyone :P

**** Not to put you on the spot *****
But I've been thinking along those lines, moderator/administrator, for a while now and Bill and I both feel you would be great at it. Ask Saltheart? That's entirely up to you too (it does have a nice ring to it though ;P ). IF you want to talk offline as well....

Fishpart
12-01-2000, 01:32 PM
As a student of Saltheart I would say that any input he gives is ALWAYS on the money. I guess that is one more vote for a propmotion for Saltheart.

chris L
12-01-2000, 03:53 PM
SALTHEART SALTHEART SALTHEART
is that 1 vote or 3 votes . I say 3 votes .
Saltheart for Educator
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for eel Director

Chunker of Death
12-01-2000, 07:06 PM
I withdraw my nomination for Archie Bunker for President and hereby nominate SALTY SALTY SALTY!

Slipknot
12-02-2000, 10:24 AM
Hey Saltheart, I didn't mean to put you on the spot either by nominating you, I know you'll be busy this winter making 800 jigs and building a rod or 2 among other things. But with two percent of the precincts reporting , the popular vote is looking good. Think about it and get back to John on your decision. Thanks for anything you can offer, Bruce May

Saltheart
12-02-2000, 02:09 PM
If I had the time , I'd agree to whatever but I'm very timed challenged , especially right now.
Ask #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is fine as far as I'm concerned. You got the oppurtunity to ask questions of the top active surffisherman in RI. What more do you want? He's not Mother Teresa when he answeres sometimes but if you listen to what he says , a typical beginner/intermediate fisherman will up their annual take by a hundred fish.
I'll be an Administrator provided it doesn't entail a commitment to spend more time on the site. I can only promise to do the best I can , not that I'llbe here a lot more and responding to every post. If thats OK with John its OK with me.

What I have been thinking I'd like to do is to write some , what I would call , "Fishing in the Third Milenium" articles. I would like to write them with area experts , such as John for areas in eastern MA and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for RI , the Ditch with Mike P , CT with Jeff H , .I'm mostly interested in the area from Eastern CT to the area south of Boston out to Race Point. I don't know if these guys would be interested but my idea is to make use of arial Photography , tide and current data , water temp data , available on the internet to todays modern fisherman and couple that with the experience these area experts have accumulated over the years.. It could also include articles about technical equipments advances such as the sealed reels and moderm ball bearing , mag controlled casting reel. Anyway , you get the idea. I 'm not about to give up any still relatively unknown spots but I don't see any harm in writing up accurate articles about already well known areas , especially the state fishing areas.
Anyway , Ask Saltheart is out , at least for the forseeable future. Ask #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is already a better resource than I could offer. I'll be an Administrator as long as nobody expects too much. I'll write some articles as I described if I can get some help as time allows.

Fair enough?

Slipknot
12-02-2000, 02:41 PM
That is great Saltheart, your idea sounds even better. We all know how much time is limited these days. The articles with all that info and aerial photo's and stuff would help out alot of fisherman I'm sure. I am looking forward to it. I just realized how the internet can help me with fishing about a year ago and I want to tell you that I have learned more in this past year than five or six years of reading books on stripers. I seem to hold onto the valuable information more when it comes right from someone with experience.

Good luck getting that help with the articles. Thanks again, Bruce

JohnR
12-03-2000, 11:23 AM
Saltheart, I understand exactly where you are coming from, and I would be honored to have you as an administrator on these boards, with the ability to come and go as well as pitching in, whenever you see fit. I would also like to support your articles. You have a great understanding of what we do and why we do it and you certainly have the ability to convey that understanding to those new to surf fishing and to the old salts that have been around the block a few times. Any assistance I can give you is officially offered :) .
Whereas I wouldn't consider myself an expert on Eastern Mass, I'll help you out as much as I can... I think your ideas on the regional articles and the gear will be a great resource for old and new alike!! I'll shoot you an e-mail in a couple days...

Thanks,

John

Saltheart
12-03-2000, 07:34 PM
I'll be working in Mexico from the 5th to the 16th. You can hold the emails till then or send and I;ll answere when I get back John.

JohnR
12-04-2000, 08:02 PM
Saltheart, I'll chat with you when you get back - have a great time "working" :P

Mike P
12-05-2000, 12:06 PM
Saltheart---shoot me an e-mail and we'll kick it around. I promised Tim some articles, and I have sort of promised one to The Fisherman (on LI fishing, no conflict, but still time-intensive) but I'd be interested in some sort of joint effort. As long as you're the one who handles all the hi-tech stuff, I'm still one step above a Luddite :)

Saltheart
12-07-2000, 11:40 AM
Hi Mike. I.m in Mexico for 2 weeks and will get in touch when I return. I can pretty much provide the hi tech resourses that we need but I'm hoping John can put the whole package up once we complete it. I'm pretty good at finding the info and getting it into a word document but I can't post even a simple picture. We'll figure it out! :)

JohnR
12-07-2000, 03:02 PM
Mike -n- Mike :P
I would be honored to handle "The Package"
Try to have some fun in Mexico...

John