View Full Version : Beating the dead horse. Saltwater fishing license.

LINESIDES
03-02-2010, 03:16 PM
The horse got up after the beating!
I am ready for my beatings once again.
Been away from the forum quite some time now.
I have been communicating with NOAA for a few days now about the new saltwater fishing license.
I don’t believe it’s about the saving the fish any more.
It’s another money grab of monumental proportions to grow the business of the folks that regulate the fishing world.
I am on board with the regulating of the commercial part of the business, however not to decimate and destroy it.
I feel in some ways they are doing it.
I apologize, I have no answers.
They are on a march to destroy with out understanding just what it will do the business that feed the rod and reel person.
The sad part about bringing new blood into fishing is it won’t be able to happen in 2011 if and when the saltwater license comes along.
They at this point don’t have any provisions for whole boat license to cover every one on board or a license to cover a friend, farther-in-law or any one for a day of fishing!
As a mater of fact they have no plan other than getting their hands on the money!
It’s just a head count now. I need to contact the 25 people or so that are in my boat to enjoy a day of fishing with friends and family and tell them they need to register or not come in 2011.
That’s just my boat. When every one does this the numbers will floor them.
I can hear them now with there feet up on there desk saying man, more employees under me, promotions, moving up, pay raises, new vehicles, new boats, private rest rooms for the executives, meetings with sandwiches from Panera, yea baby, bring me the money.
Please feel free to let them know what you think at the web site or the show if they show up.
Ok, I said it now shoot me!
L.:smash:

RIJIMMY
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
It’s just a head count now. I need to contact the 25 people or so that are in my boat to enjoy a day of fishing with friends and family and tell them they need to register or not come in 2011.
That’s just my boat. When every one does this the numbers will floor them.
L.:smash:

I dont know where you primarily fish, but in RI, I think the out of state liscence is $10 and the first penalty for not having a liscence is$10. So for the people I take on my boat a few times of year, I'll tell them not to bother getting a liscense, if they get nabbed, just pay the $10.

kevinthegood
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
if you dont have a license this year, what happens ?
do you get fined or is it just a warning ?

thunder
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
i was at the boston show last week and asked that ? they don't even know who's going to police it, you didn'nt here it from me,have all your friends get it and keep them on your boat

SAUERKRAUT
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=LINESIDES;751654]

I just made this free phone call and registered. If I wanted, they would give me a number right over the phone to saltwater fish immediately. They specifically asked whether I planned to fish for striped bass, and also over which states.

Interesting. Seems obvious to me that this "head count" has everything to do with the striped bass resource...rather than the other inshore fish resources like bluefish, scup, seabass, fluke, etc.

IMO...It is important that every individual who wishes to exercise his right to participate in a quality striper fishery opportunity...stand up and be counted! I know that our numbers are huge, and our potential economic impact are huge also.

I, and We...will be fishing stripers this season coming because there is still OPPORTUNITY. Every degradation of this fishery steals opportunity from the common man or the casual and average fisherman...first, and ultimately the most.

Make sure you stand up and be counted!

kevinthegood
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
i get a tuna permit every year, so i'm good, just wondering about the
quests i take out once a year, they dont fish or get out on boats very often

PRBuzz
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
i get a tuna permit every year, so i'm good, just wondering about the
quests i take out once a year, they dont fish or get out on boats very often

You can sign up and print out a 2010 saltwater permit on-demand for any visitor (that is what I'll do if they haven't already done it themselves):

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/anglerForm.jsp

Raven
03-05-2010, 08:49 PM
i'm going to eat Haddock and Cod
a few trout here and there
and return the all bass
same as freshwater

kevinthegood
03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you prbuzz,
should be an interesting summer

Raven
03-06-2010, 06:15 AM
You can sign up and print out a 2010 saltwater permit on-demand for any visitor (that is what I'll do if they haven't already done it themselves):

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/anglerForm.jsp

got my number that way over the PC and then they
sent me my official card in the mail but since it
was a thick paper card i laminated a copy