View Full Version : Farewell Nomahhh!

FishnGrega
03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Thank you for your time here in Boston. Definitely one of the best SS that has come through our door. Good luck to you on ESPN.

fishbones
03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Just saw that. Pretty cool of the Sox owners to sign him to the 1 day contract so he could retire as a member of the team he played most of his career with. That being said, the Sox probably wouldn't have won the 2004 WS if they hadn't shipped him out of town.

striperman36
03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Just saw that. Pretty cool of the Sox owners to sign him to the 1 day contract so he could retire as a member of the team he played most of his career with. That being said, the Sox probably wouldn't have won the 2004 WS if they hadn't shipped him out of town.

WHY??? Did he pay them?

BigFish
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Tomorrow they are signing Willie Mo Pena for a day so he can retire a Sox too!:uhuh: I thought it was kind of a non-event! Its not like he had a HOF career or anything like that???

striperman36
03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
What about Mo???

FishermanTim
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
It does say something about the team/organization when players want to retire as a Sox player. I can't say that for all players that come back for that purpose, but the Sox must have done something right if the players WANT to end their careers with us.

How many ex-Sox do you think would like to retire as a Sox?
We've definitely had quite a few memorable players over the years.

FishnGrega
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
It does say something about the team/organization when players want to retire as a Sox player. I can't say that for all players that come back for that purpose, but the Sox must have done something right if the players WANT to end their careers with us.

How many ex-Sox do you think would like to retire as a Sox?
We've definitely had quite a few memorable players over the years.

Not Wade Boggs lol