View Full Version : Celtics suck!

Swimmer
03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
It pretty bad in Boston sports history when at the start of the last period, 3/4 of the seats are empty at the garden.

All you roundball afficianados here tell me whats wrong. They are embarassing to watch.

luds
03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
They're old. I still think the playoffs will be fun to watch if they show some heart.

american spirit
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
kg's certification has expired. i watched them get pound by memphis last week. watched more jumbotron than the game.

Dad 818
03-15-2010, 08:51 AM
They are old.

Offensively they get stagnant at times. When you dribble the ball until the shot clock gets down to 5-7 seconds then have to throw up an off-balance jumper, odds are not good.

When they won in '07 the offense was crisp. Everyone touched the ball and they found the open player. Now it's shoot jumpers with no one under the hoop for rebounds. I am astounded how perimeter based this team has become. It's frustrating as hell.

Defensively, they are just not as quick as they need to be. Anytime a player gets by a guard, the defensive rotation is not fast enough. Now Perk or KG may get to the initial guy coming down the lane, but the next rotation doesn't get to Perk or KG's guy, which leads to an easy bucket.

Selfishness. This one is on observation only. But leading up to a recent game, Ray Allen averaged just about 20 points per game for the previous 5-7 games. That game he shot the ball 3 TIMES!!!! Completely unacceptable. And in my opinion, the player who has become the most selfish is the captain, Paul Pierce. In the aforementioned game I believe PP was 3-13 or worse and he took the game winning shot. In '07, whoever had the hot hand would take the game-winning attempt.

Just one frustrated fan's $.02

ProfessorM
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
old and other teams are better, no spark coming off bench.