View Full Version : Florida Trip this week

Striperhound
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Staying 4 days e nd of this week in South Beach for my 40th B-day with my wife, a very nice surprise she let me in on today. Want to spend a day in Islamorada doing some Tarpon fishing. Anyone have any first hand experience with local captains that could make this happen?

Finaddict
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
there are some great captains in islamorada for tarpon, but it may be a bit early for them at this stage, you'd be better off in biscayne bay, off government cut, in the miami area ... check out bouncer smith or dennis forgione - both fish government cut for tarpon, that fishery may still be going on ... also captain mark krowka - is absolutely one of the very best flats guides in all of south florida, he fishes out of islamorada and biscayne bay - I think he has moved down to islamorada, call information - but if you want to fish with a flats guide, krowka is one who can do it for you, joe gonzalez is another good flats guide - bouncer and dennis are phenomenal guides, but they are not flats guides. check out those guys

niko
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
randy rhodes of rhoderunner charters. he put me on my first. nice guy to fish with. have a great trip, good luck

JoeBass
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Have a great time. Just went out with a guide out of Marco island a couple weeks ago and fished the back country. Nothing big but a great day anyway.