View Full Version : smartphones/iphone/blackberry

Mr. Sandman
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I am being dragged into the smartphone world (kicking and screaming) ...I have held out about as long as I can.

I have att...iphone or some kind of blackberry
what is the way to go? How bad is the touch screen for sending short text messages? How tiny is the the blackberry screen for seeing anything? I plan to order something within the next 2 hours. Give me your thoughts.

OH...if these things get wet and die, how %$%$%$%$ed am I?

PRBuzz
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Fought like you but eventually was given a BB via work: hated it. Small screen, fonts and keyboard is ridiculous! FYI: I do have to use reading glasses but needed higher power for the BB........really made using the phone preferred method.

Nebe
03-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Iphone. They are amazing. tide chart apps.. simple GPS apps... the list goes on and on and on....

redlite
03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
hate my Verizon Crackberry.......sucks Would prefer Iphone. SB.com on Crackberry sucks. Unreadable.. Maineharbors >com....unreadable,,,Weather.com....barely readable.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
If you get the iphone I know someone who can unlock it for you. You get every application you want for free. They are pretty sick phones but I still am not responsible enough to own one. Millions of apps.

Redsoxticket
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
I would hold off on the iphone for the next upgrade.
I have the BB 9700 with a screen resolution of 480 x 360 and a 5 megapixel auto focus camera capable of reading barcodes, etc
The iphone has a larger screen with a smaller resolution 320 x 480 and camera is 3 mega
There is a new phone to be release called HTC H2 that will be released in a few days. It is similar to iphone with more advanced features only it is only available to TMO

I would go with a BB the consider a iphone or HD2 in the future.
Drop ATT and save money on TMO if reception is available in WST
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnyD
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
If you're stuck with AT&T (my condolences), then I'd go with the iPhone. Far superior to the blackberry.

A new version of the iPhone might be coming out in June. I'd hold off if you can.

PRBuzz
03-16-2010, 10:19 AM
From Barron's:

According to a survey by company called Crowd Science, 39% of those using a BlackBerry would “definitely or probably” buy an Apple (AAPL) iPhone if they were going to buy a phone tomorrow. A separate question found that 34% of BlackBerry users would definitely or probably buy an Android phone.

The survey also found that both Android and iPhone users seems pretty loyal: 92% of iPhone users said they would buy another iPhone if they were buying a new phone tomorrow, while 87% of Android phone users said they would buy another Android phone.

Nebe
03-16-2010, 11:02 AM
If you have a Mac, an iphone is a no brainer- they go together like beer and pretzels.

Redsoxticket
03-16-2010, 11:32 AM
also users of gameboy and hand held console game units that date back as far as 1989 would likely choice iphone .
Matter of fact there is a "gameboy simulator app" for that.

Katie
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I've used to Droid. It's almost overbearing to have so much going on in one place. I'd go with the iphone.

ThrowingTimber
03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm very happy with my crackberry.

Nebe
03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Looks like he went with the iPhone. Good choice!!!