View Full Version : Goo Goo Lip Placement

chefchris401
03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Was wondering where the lip is suppose to go on the small bodies I grabbed this weekend, the ones that were brought by slipknot, smaller jake style.

I only have the large goo goo eye for a reference and wanted to make sure I got it right.

Thanks

EricW
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
It is basically the same place or just slightly higher as the goo goo big daddy. I was just looking at some pics of mine.
the husky dude, (shorter one) was meant to swim deeper.

chefchris401
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks eric, that was i was thinking, just didnt have a reference besides the full size one. Thanks for the conformation, they should be done next week, ill post some pics.

EricW
03-19-2010, 07:17 AM
I looked at some of the ones I have. The smaller bodies are a little thinner than the long plugs, so the lip is higher but still basically centered.

Definately post some pics. I turned a bunch of goo goo styles last fall, but didn't get around to painting them. If it is 70 like they say tomorrow I might just finally get around to it. My painting setup is currently in the garage.

VTBasser
03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I am replicating some off an original 8" for a friend and measured the line tie to be 3/16th above center.