View Full Version : Memorial day weekend on the outer cape..

ziggy6
03-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Need some help from those of you that know. I'm hooked on this striper thing and am looking to convince the family to do some camping on Memorial day weekend on the outer cape. Am I too early for fishing from the surf or the kayak? Any advice will be very welcome. Thanks ..a newbie

JohnR
03-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Need some help from those of you that know. I'm hooked on this striper thing and am looking to convince the family to do some camping on Memorial day weekend on the outer cape. Am I too early for fishing from the surf or the kayak? Any advice will be very welcome. Thanks ..a newbie

Not too early. In and around Chatham & southwest to Falmouth can be good, as will other places. Fish are on the move so sometimes hard to predict where they will be. Fish will tend to be smaller as well.

nightfighter
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I would look for skinny water and a centrally located river. Bring your bug stuff.

saltfly
03-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Fishing should be fine.Weather can be an issue so be prepared.It could be 90 or 40 or Both.

CaptMike
03-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep weather could be anywhere. PM me if you need more help. The bays and rivers should have some good fish then.

Sea Flat
03-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Bays and Rivers are your best bet. Most fish will be on the smaller side, but who cares.

Good luck.

fishonnelsons
03-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Should be plenty of schoolies by then, with keepers mixed in. Ocean side, as well as the bays and rivers.

Go with the lighter tackle, 7 ft spinning should do the trick.

Rappin Mikey
03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Sometimes you can run into some bigger fish, but most of the time schoolies. Use really small school bus mambos or crystal minnows. If I were you, I'd look into camping around the canal for bigger fish that time of year.

xyzs
03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
what type of camping are you doing [ tenting-head of the medow]camper you could google camping cape cod... when I go the place I go is hortons BUT he runs it like a german pow camp..... should you have a 4x4 get a week pass $50 to ride out on the sand.... 1st things first call the national sea shore too see what they are doing because of beach eroision make sure you have a pland B in mind also

ziggy6
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I was planning for the Head of the Meadow area... my family likes the beaches out that way so it keeps them happy. Would I be better on the ocean or the bay side? or would my chances be similar on both sides...by the way thank you to everyone that has offered advice. Zig