View Full Version : Geocaching

Nebe
03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
My 5 year old and I have been going for a lot of short hikes after school lately and I thougt I'd see if he was interested in giving geocaching a whirl... He is fascinated by this! The best part about this is that there is a free app for the iPhone- the app uses the gps feature on the phone and is accurate up to a 10 foot radius.
i'm hooked :)

Nebe
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
I think I'll leave one out on the end of re east wall :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

thefishingfreak
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
whats a geo, and are they tough to catch?

striperman36
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
you have to troll for them. by the numbers

The Dad Fisherman
03-26-2010, 05:07 AM
This is becoming huge.....Boy Scouts are looking into having this as a Merit Badge if I'm not Mistaken.

Kind of funny, My brother in law used to give me crap because I hang out on a Fishing website and actually fish w/ some of you jamokes...:hee:. He's thought it was stupid to meet people throught the internet.

Then he started Geo-caching....and I said, let me get this straight, you go into the woods behind a rest area because some guy, you never met, on a website gave you some coordinates.....and you give me crap.

JohnR
03-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Kind of funny, My brother in law used to give me crap because I hang out on a Fishing website and actually fish w/ some of you jamokes...:hee:. He's thought it was stupid to meet people throught the internet.

Then he started Geo-caching....and I said, let me get this straight, you go into the woods behind a rest area because some guy, you never met, on a website gave you some coordinates.....and you give me crap.

:rotf2:

Raven
03-26-2010, 07:01 AM
oh boy

Nebe
03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
This is becoming huge.....Boy Scouts are looking into having this as a Merit Badge if I'm not Mistaken.

HAHA..yup. My theory on this is that I have been going for hikes with my son, so when we get to where we are going to go for a hike, I turn fire up the APP on the phone and it checks for any around us.. if there is one nearby, we will go looking for it. Yesterday we did Queens Fort in exeter- a very cool place. Legend has it Idians built it to protect the queen of the narraganset indians durring the king phillip's war- it was never found. such a cool place.

The Dad Fisherman
03-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Suppose to be one on Cutty too...

Nebe
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Not surprised.. There are over a million hidden all over the world and on the international space station
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
03-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Has he seen the rest area scene from "There's Something About Mary"?:biglaugh:

Nebe
03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Suppose to be one on Cutty too...

yup
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=892b680b-4177-4e8e-8a58-5b88f38a9142